Home

Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

This is a discussion on Does EA read the "wishlist" forum? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I made a wishlist tournament on this site for the past 3 years.... Did one for NCAA 11, 12 and 13.
Sorry, I must have missed it. As you can tell by my OVR, I don't visit very often ...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHCross
Sorry, I must have missed it. As you can tell by my OVR, I don't visit very often ...
I haven't seen you on these boards in a few years JeffHCross...good to hear from you.

I don't want to be a game changer....but i'd love to provide some extensive feedback on the actual ratings that effect gameplay.

I think i can help in that aspect of the game big time with feedback but i don't know if EA really reaches out to gamers who are passionate about ratings and how they IMPACT the game on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25
I know for a fact that Dewiel and Dembrowski are on here at least 5 times a week.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
OS had its chance a couple of years ago to be one of the primary voices whispering in the ear of the development team, but as always happens here, we(collectively) couldn't handle the prosperity.

The quality exchanges got swallowed up by the personal attacks, accusations of lying, and all the other mind-numbingly juvenile rants that often poison the football gaming boards.

Even now, at least once a week, someone takes a cheap shot a Ben Haumiller, blaming him personally for failings in the game that aren't even his responsibility.

I wish we still had direct access to the team, but given how OS likes to show its ***, sadly, its better that we don't. The quality ideas will still make it to the team, without the accompanying flotsam.
Do you really believe that this is OS as a whole or just a few people? The negative tone people have with OS is mind boggling -- if you are on here frequently, whether you post or not, you know the core of this community is not that. People who only see the complaints are the ones who search for them OR only visit the site once in awhile. I'm not saying thats you but thats what it seems. I'm tired of reading that on here and on other forums -- its like people are forcing folks to come to OS or something. /vent
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Do you really believe that this is OS as a whole or just a few people? The negative tone people have with OS is mind boggling -- if you are on here frequently, whether you post or not, you know the core of this community is not that. People who only see the complaints are the ones who search for them OR only visit the site once in awhile. I'm not saying thats you but thats what it seems. I'm tired of reading that on here and on other forums -- its like people are forcing folks to come to OS or something. /vent
It is not OS as a whole but around this time when developers frequented the Site and posted, the trolls and jerks are out in full force. Even a small minority can ruin a great thing. In this case people wanted to act like children.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
OS is a victim of its own success. With the large numbers of members and visitor the site now possesses there's no way to keep the the obstinate minority from gumming up the works without the site being very, very heavily moderated. Even if its 80/20 in favor of the good guys, here that 20% represents a lot of folks who can and will wreck havoc across the forum. Throw in the controversy magnet that is EA Sports football games, and the chaos gets magnified.

I love this site, but it's too big now to be a place where developers could have a permanent interactive presence, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
The developers used to visit here on a more regular basis, including Madden and NCAA. They don't anymore. By visiting, I don't just mean by reading forums, they used to interract with the members, but that didn't hold up so well.

Jfsolo hit the nail on the head with the 80/20. The 20 became very vocal and personal.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I haven't seen you on these boards in a few years JeffHCross...good to hear from you.
It actually hasn't been that long, PM. Hard to believe, but it was only a year ago that I was at the Community Day events and talking with you (and others) afterwards about NCAA 12. Nice to talk with you again, as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think i can help in that aspect of the game big time with feedback but i don't know if EA really reaches out to gamers who are passionate about ratings and how they IMPACT the game on the field.
I wish I had an answer for you. I know they reach out to gamers, outside of the Game Changers and Community Day events, but I don't know how that process happens. I presume it's rare for legal reasons.
Quote:
Do you really believe that this is OS as a whole or just a few people? The negative tone people have with OS is mind boggling --
It's always doubly mind-boggling for me, because I know a few places where OS is viewed as a pro-EA haven. Yet posters on OS itself seem to go the opposite direction when self-describing the site. The 80/20 described above is probably the reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »