Home

Scheduling within dynasty

This is a discussion on Scheduling within dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Scheduling within dynasty

As it stands now the user is only in control of the dynasty schedule of the team or teams they control within dynasty.

Would it be possible (for all you programmers out there) to allow a user full control of dynasty scheduling, user and cpu teams alike?

I've never messed with Teambuilder in my life with this game and see alot of people shot down when they bring up adding teambuilder teams without replacing teams inside a current dynasty. I guess as it stands now you have to replace a team, not just add a team. Others say it would create a scheduling conflict. Thus why I posed the question above.

More user options is always better. Whata ya say?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Scheduling within dynasty

this would be fantastic, would help keep North texas from beating up on the WAC/MAC/CUSA/MWC and becoming a power house

would let you create interesting "rivalries" and enrichen dynasty

this is a good thing, so no chance it'll get implemented, why don't you try heisman challenge?
Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
this would be fantastic, would help keep North texas from beating up on the WAC/MAC/CUSA/MWC and becoming a power house

would let you create interesting "rivalries" and enrichen dynasty

this is a good thing, so no chance it'll get implemented, why don't you try heisman challenge?
How is that in any way constructive? We get it, you hate Heisman Challenge.

Anyway, to the OP, this is a good idea. You could go in and create matchups for teams based on spectacular bowl games or past regular dynasty games they had the year before. Keep those burgeoning pseudo rivalries alive. As for how easy or hard it might be to implement, I can't say. Having given us the ability to change ratings for every player in the game regardless of whether or not they are on a user controlled team or not, gives me hope that this could be implemented maybe even with a patch. But again, I'm not well versed on the technical issues involved in doing so.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I could see that causing big problems for the scheduling engine. Right now you set the schedule for one school and impact the schedule of, at most, 18 others by a max of one game (assuming you're in a 4 team conference you take 9 games off your schedule and add 9.)

I assume, although I haven't checked, that most of our meddling is corrected by either having the teams impacted play each other or 1-AA teams.

If you expand that out to the user being able to edit any non conference games you are multiplying the amount of adjustments the scheduling engine is going to have to make by a huge amount, and I could easily see it being a huge mess.

Basically to do what you're suggesting they would have to rebuild the scheduling engine from the ground up. While doing the rebuild they actually could make it possible to add teams or take them away (for example if you wanted to replay an old season.) That would be a big project though, and I don't know if it's on their radar.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

actually this wouldn't trouble the scheduling engine, i used to do some scheduling myself just by swapping things around, you could only change games during specific weeks, but that would help a bit

e.g. (i control A)

A vs B
C vs D
E vs F

i schedule C, so now its B vs D
then i schedule F, so now the schedule looks like

A vs F
B vs D
E vs C

the schedules are locked once you get to the schedulign screen, so you could advance to the season and then look at the schedules, figure out what games you want to change and make the changes.

it worked decently, but if they let you schedule for all teams, it'd be great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

This is WAY more difficult than you think. Take 12 teams and try to make a schedule with just 12 teams. Now multiply that by 10.

I'm all for adding the option for those who would want to do the work for whatever reason, but I don't think you are thinking through how difficult it really is.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

It'd require a complete rewrite of the scheduling system, that's for sure. If they were willing to do that though I don't actually think it'd be THAT complicated. Especially given that they have the cheat card of using multiple 1-AA teams.

I mean if OOTP baseball can do it for any number of teams and any number of games I'd think EA could do it, if they wanted to.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

No, it's not hard to program a computer to do it, I'm saying it's hard for a human to do it by hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »