Home

Pass Interference Finally This Year??

This is a discussion on Pass Interference Finally This Year?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Pass Interference Finally This Year??

Will we finally see pass interference calls this year or are we still going to be seeing receivers being knocked around and routes being interrupted with no call? I have no clue why this has gone the way of the do do bird but hopefully this year it will finally be implemented correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Interference Finally This Year??

i use schnaidt's madden rosters and they give you PI calls during the game, it lowers awareness and a few other attributes. PI is obviously in the game, EA just rates their players so ******** that it never gets called, and they are too dumb to see it.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riogho
i use schnaidt's madden rosters and they give you PI calls during the game, it lowers awareness and a few other attributes. PI is obviously in the game, EA just rates their players so ******** that it never gets called, and they are too dumb to see it.
Man I will take your word for it..but in the last 4 years of playing NCAA I can count on my hand the number of times that I have seen PI called and there really isnt a animation to make it really look like PI...
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I really hope so but none of the GCs have been able to confirm that they are in. I really doubt it because it would have to be tied into an animation and what would dictate that animation playing? I mean, personally I want that user who gets in front of the WR and slows down stuff removed badly but hopefully the head tracking thing helps a bit.

By the way, instead of calling them 'too dumb' why not post 'I think a solution is found' -- pretty sure that would get at least a GameChanger on it.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Can you guys imagine a jostling system, like FIFA's, being in this game? How amazing would it be to launch a bomb down the sideline and see the WR and DB jockeying each other for position? Not to mention, you could actually have offensive and defensive pass interference animations. For those that haven't played FIFA, when you're running with a guy, you have a "tug" button. The faster/harder to press it the more you can slow down the offensive player, but also, the more likely you are to get called for a foul. You could do something similar with receivers having a "push off" button and DB's having a "grab" button. Not only would you see PI happen more often, but you could actually go back into the replay and say, "Yep, the corner tugged him a little too much," or, "the receiver definitely pushed off," instead of it being the somewhat random (and now non-existant) occurrence it's been in the past.

Obviously, the computer would need to utilize these things, as well. It couldn't just be a human-controlled thing, otherwise, the human player would be the only one who could get called for PI. But if memory serves me correctly, the computer in FIFA utilizes the "tug" button on defense. So, it can be done. Probably wishful thinking, but something like this would add so much life to an otherwise robotic/stale aspect of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I see PI called every 2 or 3 games, but I am in the minority on that. I've had it called twice in 1 game, both against the cpu. I understand though, it is not called nearly enough and hopefully they fix it.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Football is a game that has multiple "games" going on all at once. WR/DB battle for position to get open or cover. OL/DL fight to protect the qb/ get to the qb. These "games" happen almost automatically and are mostly determined by ratings.

I believe EA must give the user control of these battles. Like Pokes404 proposed. I think EA looks at the bigger picture rather than all the moving parts that go into one play.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

FIFA is EA's marquee game because it has a worldwide market. They spend a lot of money on this game. I hope to see exactly what was said before in upcoming football games, I think it's a great idea but will need some testing and perfecting. Great comparison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »