Home

PS3 slow issue?

This is a discussion on PS3 slow issue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
PS3 slow issue?

Anyone else noticing significant slowdown issue with their PS3? Mine's a 60 GB fat boy model so I'm sure the age has something to do with it, however I never experienced anything close to this while playing Dragon's Dogma, which is supposed to have pretty bad slowdown trouble.
Skimped thru the forum but couldn't find anything so forgive me if someone else brought this issue up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS3 slow issue?

have had no trouble with my ps3 and ncaa 13
Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Anyone else noticing significant slowdown issue with their PS3? Mine's a 60 GB fat boy model so I'm sure the age has something to do with it, however I never experienced anything close to this while playing Dragon's Dogma, which is supposed to have pretty bad slowdown trouble.
Skimped thru the forum but couldn't find anything so forgive me if someone else brought this issue up.
Saw a complaint for this earlier. Are you running the game from the disc or did you download it?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

joeblackis's Arena

OVR: 0

My PS3 is a new 320gb .

NCAA playing from the disc = stutters/lags all the time while playing.
Especially when you want to hurry up offense and/or are wanting to press X to quickly skip the replays and studio updates.

I would imagine if we had the option to installing the game from disc to hard drive that it wouldn't be an issue.

I haven't gotten around to seeing if you can disable the helpful pop up tips, maybe that is a reason too. Dunno. But its expected from EA who doesn;t test their games beforhand and if they do, just contracts out Q and A employees for 1 month before release.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm running this game from the disc.
For what's worth, I also had the severe slow down problems associated with Skyrim. This is no where as bad and from what I can tell, hasn't affected gameplay, mostly during menus is when the problem occurs. Just makes me worried about future problems with this game =-/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

OVR: 2

I was having that issue with last years game when I had the fat boy. I got a new system and hasnt happend with any game.
New Jersey Nets
Syracuse Orange

MLB The Show 11 Yankees 3-4 TNK Sliders
NCAA 2012 Michigan 3-1 SN Sliders

By sportscenter22 at 2012-09-13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »