Home

Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

This is a discussion on Would you be mad if EA took a year off? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

I wonder what peoples reactions would be if EA said they were not going to come out with NCAA football 14 but instead start over from the ground up and come out with NCAA 15 spending 2 years on it. Do you think most people would be mad or welcome it?

This is for people who like this years version and those who are ready for more.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 07-11-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Rookie

joeblackis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Would you be mad if EA took a year off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
I wonder what peoples reactions would be if EA said they were not going to come out with NCAA football 14 but instead start over from the ground up and come out with NCAA 15 spending 2 years on it. Do you think most people would be mad or welcome it?
They pretty much already take a year off every year as it is. And do minimal update/tweaks to push out another yearly update.

It is all about competition. EA has none. No reason to improve the product anymore than they think they have to for as little money as possible. Until another company (like 2k or 989) comes along and makes a NCAA football game.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

If I knew they were going to put the work into the game for 2 full years and listen to the community feedback, I would pay them $60 now to skip next year....
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I thought that about 4 years ago, they should take a year off and revamp some things. I believe it even more now. Not only would I not be mad, I'd be thrilled.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

I wouldn't mind if it meant a better product in the end. I've actually been suggesting it for the past 2 years. However, they make too much money annually whether the game is good or not to take a year off. They won't see an increase in people buying the game just because they took a year off so financially it doesn't make sense for EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I honestly would not mind if every sports game only came out every two years in a stagger (say two different sports each year). In fact I'd prefer it, as honestly I do not buy the same sport game every year anymore. They could release roster updates or even patches for the off years, but taking two years per release would allow for a lot more development.

However, from a business standpoint it makes zero sense, and if a company makes steady profit by releasing yearly, they are not going to stop just because it may result in a better end-product. It is unlikely EA could make up for lost sales by releasing every other year (e.g. if they sell 750,000 copies of a game each year, it seems unlikely they could sell 1.5 million every other year to even out), but I suppose it could be possible (lessen supply, increase demand?).
Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
Rookie

joeblackis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I thought that about 4 years ago, they should take a year off and revamp some things. I believe it even more now. Not only would I not be mad, I'd be thrilled.
It would be a great idea too.

They could simply put out more DLC and lets say a 9.99 updated rosters/ratings to hold people off for the year they officially take off.

Maybe They would have to relabel the game cover to
NCAA FOOTBALL 2013-2014 if it will be sitting on store shelfs for sale for over 1year and still be the most current game available.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
Rookie

dhuck20's Arena

I too would pay them to take a year off. Revamp everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »