Home

Four Verticals Does it need to go?

This is a discussion on Four Verticals Does it need to go? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Four Verticals Does it need to go?

I am specifically talking about the four vertical play where the slot reciever or tight end gets wide open cutting across the field 40-50 percent of the time. This is only a problem if you play user vs the CPU if you play hum vs hum it does not effect you. The four verts going deep is a toss up as it should be, but the ones where the slot and tight end run a diagonal pattern is still money way too often. Do you think it needs to be taken out of the playbook manually? I know we have the option not to select the play but I hate doing that I like playing to win with what I have. I dont personnally think this engine can handle that play and I think EA has tried to come up with a way for the defense to handle it but they just cant. Thoughts fellas?

Last edited by jcern23; 07-11-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Four Verticals Does it need to go?

Only way I've found to defend this is manually cover the slot and I'm not very effective at that.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMWolverine
Only way I've found to defend this is manually cover the slot and I'm not very effective at that.
definitely I am sure that would be the only way to defend it! Although, I am talking more though about the CPU's inability to defend it and the human being able to exploit it.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

Don't know what's special about 4-verts other than the fact it's a an easy play to read; I see wide open guys on basically every play to the point I'm playing on Heisman with the CPU pass coverage slider maxed.

And I do believe I predicted this. Say thanks to the all "super LBs" and "psychic DBs" complaints. You've gotten your wish. Now you hit any pass, anywhere, just like you wanted.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Don't know what's special about 4-verts other than the fact it's a an easy play to read; I see wide open guys on basically every play to the point I'm playing on Heisman with the CPU pass coverage slider maxed.

And I do believe I predicted this. Say thanks to the all "super LBs" and "psychic DBs" complaints. You've gotten your wish. Now you hit any pass, anywhere, just like you wanted.
So you're mad that one flaw that users asked to have removed is gone because it masked another flaw???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Someone had a good post the other day about 4 verts and college football, sounds like its here to stay.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM

I am really confused by your post you are saying that you see guys wide open on every play and that it is too easy on offense to complete passes? I am not sure I agree with that at all as I have had many plays develop where everyone is blanketed. I only know of the four verts play where the slot guy gets open too often as the only exploit but apparently you know more?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So you're mad that one flaw that users asked to have removed is gone because it masked another flaw???
Do you see any other play that gets open as often as four verts? Im confused what this guy is talkin about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »