Home

Pass Blocking

This is a discussion on Pass Blocking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Pass Blocking

Does anyone else completely hate Pass Blocking in this game? No matter how good my OLine is or how bad the CPU DE is, if they jump the snap, they'll get off any OLineman within a second. It's maddening to see this happen. So when they jump the snap, I should just chalk it up for a sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Rookie

jedibob5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Blocking

Yeah, it's annoying, but rather easy to avoid. Just make sure you don't call more than three plays in a row on the same snap count (either "on 1" or "on 2") and you (usually) won't get snap jumped.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It can get frustrating that on certain plays they can rush just the front 3 or 4 and every one of them will be in your qb's face by the time that you make a 3 step drop, but in a way we prefer it this way in our dynasty. You do see in real life where a qb can barely make his drop before having someone in their face (although not quite like this, especially without blitzing), but it does make the passing game more difficult and we have actually lowered our pass blocking and increased the cpu pass rush just because we want the user to have to make quick decisions and have a more difficult time passing the ball. Another thing that this does is limit a user's ability to throw down field which is important in controlling how easy it is to exploit the DB glitch. I still normally only get sacked around 10 times a season, but this is because I always have multiple receivers that I am watching on passing plays with a short safe route that I can throw if I need to get rid of the ball in a hurry.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

it does make the passing game more difficult and we have actually lowered our pass blocking and increased the cpu pass rush just because we want the user to have to make quick decisions and have a more difficult time passing the ball.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johonmirae
it does make the passing game more difficult and we have actually lowered our pass blocking and increased the cpu pass rush just because we want the user to have to make quick decisions and have a more difficult time passing the ball.
we do the same thing in my dynasty.....human PB is set at 25
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »