Home

Two Quarterback System

This is a discussion on Two Quarterback System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

JumpmanXXIII's Arena

OVR: 1
Two Quarterback System

Has anyone had any success with running a two qb system? In my dynasty I have a decent overall qb with a really fast backup. I'm wondering if I should sub in my fast qb in certain formations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

StoneTomcat's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Two Quarterback System

I run one if I have a slow starter and just run option with him though. It's up to your preference/how you play the game and what your offense is.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a scrambler backup that I use for Wildcat formations, but that's it.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do a similar thing with my half backs. After seeing this I realized that I have a similar situation with my Quater backs and im going to try this out.
GO FSU
GO EJ MANUEL
Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm currently recruiting both a scrambler and a pocket passer, mainly because I want to try this 2 headed QB system.

Have the scrambler out there for options and the pocket passer (who i hope develops better) as the primary QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I've never run a two QB system, mostly because I run spread option almost exclusively and so my QB1 is a talented enough athlete to not need a "wildcat" QB. I have however pulled my QB1 from the game at certain times. Because of the nature of my system, my QB can tend to get tired and I'll pull him for a play or two for his backup to try and get him back to green.

There have also been years I've had a smaller scatback/Denard Robinson-type QB that I've pulled out of the game and replaced with a bigger Tim Tebow type QB to run QB Power or something.

I just don't have a system that would warrant swapping a passer out for a runner. Even when I ran air raid, I never felt the need for it. But the spread option system I've been running for a long time now really has no need. I do have a need for a game-ready backup though, my QB's drop like flies in this system.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 19
I had 2 freshman QBs come in rated the same in my UNCP (created team) dynasty. Due to them being such a low rated team, they came in rated higher the rest of my QBs so they had to play right away. One was a prototypical pocket passer while the other was balanced (pocket/scrambler). With my mediocre OL I chose to start the balanced QB, but in some passing formations (no backs/hail mary/etc.) I put in the pocket passer. It worked out really well the first year, both threw double digit TDs. After the first year the balanced QB got much better while the pocket passer only improved a couple ratings points, so now the balanced guy takes all the snaps.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I did this for a season on NCAA 07 for the PS2. I moved Missouri State to an FBS team and was in season 3 or 4 with them. I had a pretty strong armed QB that was a Junior, and I had just landed a 4 star QB that was a scrambler, but was a below average passer. I platooned the guys for the entire season and it worked out pretty well. I think I finished 10-2 that year and both guys contributed. The hardest thing I remember about it was finding a good balance of playing time for the two. If one guy came in and completed 5 or 6 passes and led the team to a TD, I would normally stick with him the following drive as well. The way it worked out, I think the running QB ended up being the leading rusher on the team with about 700 yards, and the passing QB threw something like 20 TDs with 5 or 6 interceptions. The running QB only threw 4 or 5 TDs, but rushed for 10 or 11, so both contributed a lot. I do remember getting destroyed by a #1 ranked USC team that year though. I had scheduled them as a late season game and neither QB could get anything going. I think they both threw a couple of picks that game and I lost something like 45-17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »