Home

PSA: How to judge a game

This is a discussion on PSA: How to judge a game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
PSA: How to judge a game

Fellow Community Members, I just want to bring my opinion to your attention. Feel free to nit pick every little detail of a super zoomed in camera view of players running (Silly IMO though). If you do this, please don't say things such as "I guess I'm holding of on NCAA again" or "this game sucks". First of all, you will not be playing from that camera angle in game instead you will be behind, but if some guy makes a cut and his foot isn't clearly, VISUALLY, planted into the ground, but he still makes the cut like there is footplanting, don't be pissed because it works. What I'm trying to say is to not judge a game until you play it.

It's not about the way a game looks but rather the way the game feels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: PSA: How to judge a game

I feel what you are getting and agree with the sentiment but at the same time this video is what EA Tiburon put out. I can't really understand leading off with a video from a camera view we don't play at unless they some how think that it's the best view to showcase what they are touting. I can understand not wanting to showcase everything out the gate but they could of created a game play view video from offense only practice mode or even a special mode where it's just one ball carrier and one defender on the field. Something so we can see what these cuts, speed bursts and fatigue look like in-game, from a game play view.

Isn't that kind of what they did last year with the new passing game using power point? Maybe that's coming later or maybe they felt that method showed too much last year with regard to how off the throw a receiver open mechanic was. I mean they revealed quite a bit yesterday with very little video evidence to back it up. I hope between now and April 18th,there is more video showing how the other game play stuff besides cutting works.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel what you are getting and agree with the sentiment but at the same time this video is what EA Tiburon put out. I can't really understand leading off with a video from a camera view we don't play at unless they some how think that it's the best view to showcase what they are touting. I can understand not wanting to showcase everything out the gate but they could of created a game play view video from offense only practice mode or even a special mode where it's just one ball carrier and one defender on the field. Something so we can see what these cuts, speed bursts and fatigue look like in-game, from a game play view.

Isn't that kind of what they did last year with the new passing game using power point? Maybe that's coming later or maybe they felt that method showed too much last year with regard to how off the throw a receiver open mechanic was. I mean they revealed quite a bit yesterday with very little video evidence to back it up. I hope between now and April 18th,there is more video showing how the other game play stuff besides cutting works.
I can guarantee you there is a reason we only saw the ball carrier....there's more to come gameplay wise.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
Fellow Community Members, I just want to bring my opinion to your attention. Feel free to nit pick every little detail of a super zoomed in camera view of players running (Silly IMO though). If you do this, please don't say things such as "I guess I'm holding of on NCAA again" or "this game sucks". First of all, you will not be playing from that camera angle in game instead you will be behind, but if some guy makes a cut and his foot isn't clearly, VISUALLY, planted into the ground, but he still makes the cut like there is footplanting, don't be pissed because it works. What I'm trying to say is to not judge a game until you play it.

Based on my past experience of NCAA football games, I've always felt the game worst than how it looked on videos. That's why I'm concerned after watching the first gameplay video.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation

Speaking of camera's...will there be any NEW PLAYABLE ANGLES to choose from or just the same ol 1 boring camera?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »