Home

More realistic player models

This is a discussion on More realistic player models within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
More realistic player models

IMO ncaa hasn't had good player models since last gen. Something about them just looks totally unproportional. It doesn't look like they're wearing pads. But the pads look like they are part of the body.

I'm not sure why they can't get them right. NBA 2k12 looks photo realistic. And so does The Show. NCAA looks like a video game.

There are older football games with better player models. Take a look.

Look at the definition in the pads. It looks like he put pads on, and is actually wearing them.

2k8. The player looks proportional.

This is a big reason as to why I don't buy the game that represents my favorite sport. It completely takes the realism out of it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

Re: More realistic player models

First picture looks ridiculous on #54. Those shoulder pads are crazy.
Second picture is way off. His arms don't even connect to the shoulder joint and his legs don't connect to the hip joint. It's ludicrous to even compare this to current NCAA graphics.
Third picture shows a beer gut, not a flak jacket. And let's not even discuss #60 in the background.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but these screenshots were not the right choice. I would much rather have the current NCAA models than these.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden has pretty good player models. NCAA has very bad proportions. It won't be fixed till next gen or even at all
Old 04-20-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
First picture looks ridiculous on #54. Those shoulder pads are crazy.
Second picture is way off. His arms don't even connect to the shoulder joint and his legs don't connect to the hip joint. It's ludicrous to even compare this to current NCAA graphics.
Third picture shows a beer gut, not a flak jacket. And let's not even discuss #60 in the background.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but these screenshots were not the right choice. I would much rather have the current NCAA models than these.
You honestly think this

Looks better then this?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

Yes, I do. You are also comparing a menu shot with an in-game shot. But I stick with my answer.

Edit: What exactly are you saying is better on the old model? I believe that's an edited APF 2k8,correct?

Last edited by davo1021; 04-20-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
Yes, I do. You are also comparing a menu shot with an in-game shot. But I stick with my answer.

Edit: What exactly are you saying is better on the old model? I believe that's an edited APF 2k8,correct?
That's fine. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

To me the older games look like the player is actually wearing pads. In ncaa the look like the are a part of his body. There isn't much definition to them in ncaa.

The APL 2k8 shot isn't edited. It was just taken with an iPad camera. And they aren't very good. Hana.

When I look at the 2k8, 2k5, or nfl fever pictures, it looks like a human in football pads and unifrom. When I look at ncaa it all looks like one piece.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

The player models, running, catching, jumping, spinning, kicking, animations are all terrible in NCAA. I'm interested in seeing how this new running system with the enfinity engine all works together.

With NCAA's corky body types and running animations, this could be pretty amusing.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

I know exactly what the OP is talking about. Its mainly the thigh pads in current NCAA games. The pads appear to be melted into the player model. Compare it to current Madden player models where you can actually remove/add the thigh pads and it actually looks like the players are wearing the pads in Madden.

The pads "pop" in Madden and in older gen football titles. In NCAA it looks like the pads are just painted onto the model. Not a good look actually. Some thigh pads are new high speed thin pads, I understand that, but that wasn't the art teams intention here I'm sure.

As for the OP, just know that for the people who dont look at things with a precision attention to detail, they're not going to notice what your seeing. Thats where you get the "I dont see anything wrong" responses.

I can see what you're seeing though. It looks like the equipment is just an actual part of the player model and not separate pieces ON the player model.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »