Home

EA editing images

This is a discussion on EA editing images within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
EA editing images

I've noticed this for years. EA having players on the covers of their games wearing equipment that isn't even in the game. And then editing screenshots of players to where they are wearing that equipment. But it's still not in the game.

I have two examples. I know there are more but these are just two I have saved right now.

This facemask is not in madden and has never been.

We have never had QB towels in the middle.

That also brings me to last year and the year before that. Where they talked about how crowd noise was worked on and better. But it actually sounded worse. Then the year before they released a picture of all the different hair styles they had. Come to find out they were never in the game.

The more and more I think about EA football games the more I feel ripped off.

Here is the hair I was talking about. You can clearly see normal looking dreads. But I never saw them.

Last edited by Kingd803; 04-24-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA editing images

You feel ripped off because they didnt have a facemask, a towel, and all the hairstyles you wanted?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Obviously it's because the images are hand drawn from real pictures and not screenshots from the game.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm sure there's more "wrong" with the players too since they're art based on the game rather than being a representation of it. Only legitimate gripe IMO is the dreads... but even that's from a pre-release build of the game. It's much more likely there were problems with the hairstyle or something leading to it being removed than EA editing it in to try and trick you.

Removing the other two from the discussion means Dreads might be more relevant for you.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm sure there's more "wrong" with the players too since they're art based on the game rather than being a representation of it. Only legitimate gripe IMO is the dreads... but even that's from a pre-release build of the game. It's much more likely there were problems with the hairstyle or something leading to it being removed than EA editing it in to try and trick you.

Removing the other two from the discussion means Dreads might be more relevant for you.
I just hope that if there was a problem with ALL those new hairstyles, that they are fixed now.. I want customization, idc how minute it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
You feel ripped off because they didnt have a facemask, a towel, and all the hairstyles you wanted?
When a game company tells me something is in the game then it isn't, then yeah. I do.

Specially when their moot is "if its in the game, it's in the game"
Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

Its a football game, not a dress up game. I dont see why people get so bent out of shape with the options you have now.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
Its a football game, not a dress up game. I dont see why people get so bent out of shape with the options you have now.
Cause it's supposed to be a simulation game and true to life equipment is part of that. Also, people play games for all different reasons. Something you may feel dependent upon can be totally different than someone else.

Now you understand...dress up game, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »