Home

Equipment heads, Help me understand whats more important to you, Football or Socks?

This is a discussion on Equipment heads, Help me understand whats more important to you, Football or Socks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Equipment heads, Help me understand whats more important to you, Football or Socks?

I'm as big a fan of the gear or equipment in football games. That said, sometimes when I read this forum I am really shocked at how obsessive some are if "this face mask" or "that sock style" aren't in the game. Do I want the team socks and white helmets for my dawgs (below) in the game this year? Yes. Do I want it more than improved throwing, running, and transitional animations? No. Do I want more individual styles (NBA 2K11) and player ratings to mean everything, while reducing the importance of sliders? YES! I guess my point is, how did we get so obsessive over every little piece of equipment? Remember NCAA 2004? Great game, basic equipment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Equipment heads, Help me understand whats more important to you, Football or Sock

One day this debate will die when people realize these two things are mutually exclusive in terms of dev teams developing the game.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Equipment heads, Help me understand whats more important to you, Football or Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
One day this debate will die when people realize these two things are mutually exclusive in terms of dev teams developing the game.
Not really posing the question from a "dev team" resource allocation standpoint, of which I won't pretend to understand, but rather trying to understand why many believe its worth consistently harping on the fact "socks aren't long enough" when we just had a game ('13) released that for many of us was literally unplayable. Not unplayable as in "i don't care for the game" but unplayable because "this won't stop freezing and I give up for this season."
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Its about authenticity and immersion. Some people are sticklers for the details. I see nothing wrong with it but I dont care all that much in the grand scheme. As far as Im concerned the guys who harp over visual details of uniforms, accessories, cleats, stadiums, mascots etc make for a better game in at least that aspect of it.

Asking which is more important, the visual or the football is redundant and we've been there done that to death in this forum.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Rookie

SpergLordStuntn's Arena

some have just have given up on EA making a decent sim football game so why not push for something that could make their experience better with new up to date equipment. I also believe that improved gameplay and mechanics is one of those things everyone wants hands down no matter who you are, you want the game to function and work properly. equipment takes a backseat in that regard but the timeless posts will be made like this one where people think no one cares about gameplay just socks, well... thats... thats just not true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

I must have missed the part where only certain concerns are valid

Some of us realize that expecting a completely sim game is unrealistic, especially given EA's track record and the audience they appeal primarily to.
Presentation and visual elements are important parts of games, especially in a day when in real college football visual elements are becoming a bigger part of the game.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
Banned

I do love those purple socks and white helmets! Good stuff here. Again, as a newbie to the forums, I am just trying to understand some of the equipment concerns and how it relates, differs, or adds to the game being more authentic.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think we're pretty confident that different teams work on different parts of the game. Such as a team for art & a team for game-play. Or it could be broken down even further. But to assume what you find important is more important than what someone else finds important is kinda ignorant. NBA 2K updates shoes, uniforms, courts during the season for free as well as improve game-play.

Why choose between the two? Why not expect for your $60 to have an authentic NCAA football experience. Regardless if your priority is authentic uniforms or authentic game-play. I personally prefer the game to play well but get a lot of enjoyment from seeing up to date customization. I admit I was excited for the uniform store's first free update. But of course the safety glitch still existed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »