Home

My thoughts after over a dozen demo games

This is a discussion on My thoughts after over a dozen demo games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My thoughts after over a dozen demo games

The outside pass is back! Last year it was almost always a swat or pick 6. The inside pass is harder but still there. The deep pass is gone... the "db glitch" of causing a safety to pick a WR to cover is gone. I have completed less than 25% of the streaks, even when it is man on man with no safety or cover 3 with only a retreating CB to cover a speed WR.
The outside running game is back! Inside running is good also, the ability to weave in-between blockers between the first and second layer is much improved! Breaking away from the third layer is a bit easier (I had 2 long runs that beat the safeties where last year it was a 20 yard gain at most).

The difficulty is 1 degree harder than last year. I feel in past years they dumbed down defense to allow "1 touch controller play" to work, making for an arcade game style of offense. It is much more even now where it takes real skill, game plan, and knowing match-ups to score and win. You also MUST DEFEND THE RUN! Last year you could get away with playing cover 3 all game and ignoring the run, no longer... that would be a 30 yard run by the QB this year. To stop this I am running more contain D line play, which means less sacks than last year. The idea is to force the play into the middle of the field\line where LBs can help out. The spy is broken, last year if I put a spy on the QB he could do nothing, now the spy is often blocked before he can do anything and I gave up after 3 failed drives ending in a QB option for a long TD.

Last years game I could play AA (because Heisman infuriates me) with even sliders and toarch the D, while holding them to less than 14 points. This year my games on Varsity are nail biters. Maybe its the limited playbook, or not having my audibles set up, or personnel on the field, but playing as a player on both sides of the ball are much harder.

That being said I noticed a few plays that have me pumped. One I pulled a fade (outside passes work!) in the end zone... I threw it right as my slot WR cut and with a little too much power, and maybe a beat early. The DB tipped it, my WR turned around and picked it up out of the air for a winning TD. On another play I had a HB on what seemed to be a broken play (I audibled into a draw, the D blitzed) my HB wove through the left side of the line, came out on the right side of the second layer and took off for an 88 yd TD. Another was a well covered deep play with the D in 4-3 cover 2 man, I took off and Johnny got me 53 yards trucking one, stiff arming another, spin, juke, dive for the TD! Trucking is OP this year! When a 180lb WR can hammer a 230lb MLB, push him off and get another 8 yards... something is wrong.

Last edited by stratospaly; 06-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: My thoughts after over a dozen demo games

Would probably be a great post in the Demo Impressions Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-360-ps3.html

Really didn't need it's own thread.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Would probably be a great post in the Demo Impressions Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-360-ps3.html

Really didn't need it's own thread.
Thank you
Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »