Home

Running with Alabama on Heisman

This is a discussion on Running with Alabama on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2
Running with Alabama on Heisman

When I play the Demo on Heisman level (offense) with Alabama and Michigan, I cannot run the ball for the life of me. Several games now and I average less than 3 yards a carry. When I play with the other teams I have no problem running it. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just that bad with slower backs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

IForm's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Running with Alabama on Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthagebaseball
When I play the Demo on Heisman level (offense) with Alabama and Michigan, I cannot run the ball for the life of me. Several games now and I average less than 3 yards a carry. When I play with the other teams I have no problem running it. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just that bad with slower backs?
Undercenter or Shotgun running?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

Under Center. The read option works fairly well whenever I run it, but Alabama's playbook isn't exactly filled with read option plays and I would rather not get the majority of my yards this way if I choose to run with a more traditional offense.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

What does the O-line players ratings look like?
IRL the O-line lost some good talent from the '12 team.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I play with Bama and I can get very good yardage with Yeldon out of their playbook. I've found that with EA finally paying attention to how zone blocking rules REALLY work this year, any zone blocking run plays work exceptionally well. Relying on the normal man blocking plays like Power, Iso, Sweep, etc. are still hit/miss as in years past.

Example: I ran with Texas A&M for a change of pace and ran one run play on Heisman out of their playbook. It was an inside zone out of one of their shotgun formations, can't remember which one. There was no read out of it, just a straight inside zone run. That's the actual name of the play if I remember correctly. Any way, I had nearly 200 yards on Heisman against Oregon on that one play and one play alone. The zone blocking made the holes easier to read and it was a thing of beauty running off the blocks of those guards after combo-ing and then getting up to the second level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
What does the O-line players ratings look like?
IRL the O-line lost some good talent from the '12 team.
True but Bama just reloads. Their ratings are pretty good across the board on offense so I am not sure what is going on with the OP in that regard. Yelden is a beast as well so should be yards to be had.

I feel sorry for opponents of Bama's offense this year, they are going to light everyone up, running and passing the ball.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

I havent touched bama as i despise them, but with Michigan I have no issued what so ever, however Michigans O-line is young with the exception of Lewan #77 on the left side of the line.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
I havent touched bama as i despise them, but with Michigan I have no issued what so ever, however Michigans O-line is young with the exception of Lewan #77 on the left side of the line.
Schofield, #75 the RT is actually a RS SR. However our interior OL is young, that is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »