Home

No more shoving to the ground.

This is a discussion on No more shoving to the ground. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
No more shoving to the ground.

Last year i couldn't stand it when playing as a DL when attempting to rip or swim move around the OL you would get shoved to the ground and pretty much put you out of play.

This year totally different story. I love playing as a DE and totally dominating the LOS. The DL fighting through the blocks, shoving the OL into the back field and ripping through the run blocks.

Even CPU top rated DL make sacks and blow up runs as they should in real life. Great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: No more shoving to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
Last year i couldn't stand it when playing as a DL when attempting to rip or swim move around the OL you would get shoved to the ground and pretty much put you out of play.

This year totally different story. I love playing as a DE and totally dominating the LOS. The DL fighting through the blocks, shoving the OL into the back field and ripping through the run blocks.

Even CPU top rated DL make sacks and blow up runs as they should in real life. Great game.
Can you give me tips on how to do DL moves? I maybe sometimes get lucky by powering thru the lineman.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Rookie

MuthaFugga_Jones's Arena

Agreed but I want those tips too!

"When it's 3rd & 10, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers."

---Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I---
Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050

Good post. I completely agree. Even CPU DEs with good ratings will blow by my LT a few times a game and put some major pressure on me.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

I've noticed if a DE gets in the backfield to break up plays too often early in the game, the guy defending him will then start to block low to take him out of the play.

But if your DE is decently rated, after a few times, he will back up and push him to the ground as the goes low, and go over or around him to then get into the backfield. Its pretty cool. I've seen it in a bunch of games.

It is nice to not have the same thing happen every play where they just stand that locked up for the entire play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
MVP

A couple tips for those that asked:

Know if your DE has better finesse or power moves. Use the better one.

Look at the OT's stats if your DE is good at both (or neither.) If the OT has good footwork do power moves, good power/strength do finesse moves.

I recruit mostly power DEs and the timing is something you just kind of have to get used to, but it seems like you want to push the stick down just before you engage with the OT. Too early and you'll lunge tackle, too late and it'll be less effective. If you're only doing power moves the OT will tend to start going low on you, I haven't messed around with finesse moves enough to know if they'll go low for those too.

Finesse moves seem to be most effective when you move the stick right after you engage.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Clowney from USC is a monster. For a defensive slaughter house i will use him for a quick fix. Here is a couple of stick combos to execute DL special moves.

Playing as RE

I Will come strait at the tackle without using speed burst. When i lock up with him i will press left with both sticks. Timed just right you will blow by the tackle. As an alternate you press both sticks to the right and your play will take the inside position.

Change the angle you take every time so the tackle cant make the adjustment to box you out.

Another one to try is as the tackle drops back for pass protection, hit him with the hit stick and your guy will club the crap out of him to get to the qb.

If you have a fast end then from the snap hit the speed burst and you will bull rush the tackle. As your pushing him back flick or hold the right stick in either direction to swim over the blocker.

Stay off the speed burst as the sticks are more responsive as your trying to fight off the block. Sometimes at random you may spin off... Unless the hb stays to help block you will be free from the block. Last year you would spin in place and the OL will face you the opposite direction and push you to the ground.

Give em hell!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
A couple tips for those that asked:

Know if your DE has better finesse or power moves. Use the better one.

Look at the OT's stats if your DE is good at both (or neither.) If the OT has good footwork do power moves, good power/strength do finesse moves.

I recruit mostly power DEs and the timing is something you just kind of have to get used to, but it seems like you want to push the stick down just before you engage with the OT. Too early and you'll lunge tackle, too late and it'll be less effective. If you're only doing power moves the OT will tend to start going low on you, I haven't messed around with finesse moves enough to know if they'll go low for those too.

Finesse moves seem to be most effective when you move the stick right after you engage.

Wait, this years game makes no distinction between finesse and power moves. You just hit forward, left, or right on the right stick. That's it. Right?

Also it's ridiculous this $60 game didn't come with an instruction manual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »