Home

How to stop 5 wr offense online this year?

This is a discussion on How to stop 5 wr offense online this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
How to stop 5 wr offense online this year?

Ive tried pretty much everything and I am a pretty good defensive player...16-6 so far online. I cannot for the life of me stop 5 wr sets...Ive tried quarters 2 man under spy with the DE's in purple zones...cover 4, cover 3, cover 1, robber...blitzing seems like just suicide at this point, nothing seems to work....any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: How to stop 5 wr offense online this year?

PRAY that the offense makes a mistake!!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
This. My friend who ran an air raid last year lost to me 10+ times in my OD last year. I killed him in all of those games. These year he beat me since there's always one receiver (if not more) open.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Lol pretty much.
LA DODGERS
Old 08-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Banned

Onyx Lion's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty much what the above said. I play Ultimate Team and all my corners are beasts by ratings(all 5 are 92 overall and up) but one if not more always seems to get beat in 5 wide. Doesn't matter if it Man or Zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

4-2-5 would be the best defense that I could think to defend it, swap a LB for a safety and you have two Spurs on the field, helps with options out of shotgun too
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Honestly not even to give a Troll answer, just play another game.

You can try the 4-2-5 (That's what I've been using as of late). But it's pretty much about containing it, not stopping it.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
Just started!

Snowcoog's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Honestly not even to give a Troll answer, just play another game.

You can try the 4-2-5 (That's what I've been using as of late). But it's pretty much about containing it, not stopping it.
I believe this is the best way to deal with 5 WR. Employ the bend, don't break policy and make them grind out short passes. I would think the Cover 2 Under Zone, and a little Cover 6 would be the best bet. As the game goes along though, mix in a few Blitzes with your guys playing up in bump man coverage. You can get a few times per game where you have a wave rushing after them, and hopefully then they will panic and throw that pick your way.

Me personally, I would also try to employ some grinding the clock with the run game also. If you are sustaining lengthy drives, and making them fight for dink and dunk gains then you can keep it close, and hopefully make them make a mistake.

You could also try a little cover 2 or cover 3 man if you have a good enough defensive line that can get after the QB. If the QB is fast, then audible one of your DT to spy.

In the end, I think the worse case secenario would be having a fast QB that you had to worry about, but who would be allowed small gains through the air. Once you get them coming towards your Endzone though, they will find themselves running out of real estate. Then hopefully you can get a FG from them, or a pick. This is my opinion at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »