Home

FCS Teams in the first Next Gen game?

This is a discussion on FCS Teams in the first Next Gen game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
FCS Teams in the first Next Gen game?

I was reading the article "Former NCAA Athletes Win Lawsuit Against Electronic Arts," when I saw this quote:

"Schrotenboer noted that EA has secured agreements from over 150 COLLEGES, numerous conferences and various bowl games to continue creating a simulation for one of America’s most popular sports.

Andrew Wilson, Electronic Arts' executive vice president, reaffirmed the company’s commitment to making the football game in a statement (per Morris):

'Our relationship with the Collegiate Licensing Company [which manages the trademarks of the majority of the colleges in the game] is strong and we are already working on a new game for next generation consoles which will launch next year and feature the college teams, LEAGUES, and all the innovation fans expect from EA Sports.'"

The interesting thing is that there aren't even 150 colleges at the FBS level, so wouldn't that mean they have already secured rights with FCS teams as well? EA also mentions different leagues, which could possibly mean FCS.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...lectronic-arts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FCS Teams in the first Next Gen game?

THAT.WOULD.BE.AWESOME.!!!!!

I know in NCAA 07 that they had most of the FCS teams included and would like to play as them during season again and upset everybody in the top 25 on opening week. Then we can even have FCS teams ranked in the game as well!!!!Maybe even a possibility of an FCS team foregoing the FCS championship for the NC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Also they lost the NCAA license so they cannot use the term FCS in their game. It's a trademark of the NCAA. No more FCS East.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i think its a very good possibility some FBS Teams conf will be in the only thing i am worry about

is schools like Notre dame stanford usc charging too much to be on there
the big 5 Conf have to be on the game and notre dame

i hope every team is on there

and if they want to add 1-AA Conf add the Southern A-10 SWAC MEAC Gateway big sky and any 1-AA Team that plays 2 FBS Teams
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

It's so weird that we get excited about things that were present in the PS2 version.. That's what a monopoly will do, and why they should never exist: the consumers will always suffer, the rich get richer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Rookie

JibberSkin's Arena

OVR: 3

Building an FCS team into a year-in, year-out powerhouse was my favorite part of the PS2 version. I would love it so much if they brought the FCS back to the game. Long live William & Mary football!

Purdue
Indiana Pacers
Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Cubs
Seattle Sounders
Tottenham Hotspur
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

here are the 1-aa teams that the CLC has New Hamp where chip kelly coached they have charlotte the whole big sky Delaware james madison they do have NORTE DAME cornell FAM Howard Morgan st mo st s ill ut-marin e ill e kenky citadel fuman SFA gramling southern
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
here are the 1-aa teams that the CLC has New Hamp where chip kelly coached they have charlotte the whole big sky Delaware james madison they do have NORTE DAME cornell FAM Howard Morgan st mo st s ill ut-marin e ill e kenky citadel fuman SFA gramling southern
Even if we didn't get the entire FCS, I'd like to have those. It'd still be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »