Home

Is this not a solution?

This is a discussion on Is this not a solution? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Is this not a solution?

I've not played an NCAA Football game in many, many years now but I used to be very big into the series. So much so that (some of you old-timers may remember) I used to do Xbox rosters before you could download them online. Even though I've been out of the NCAA game for a while I have to say it is very disheartening to see the series going by the wayside. As soon as I heard why the series was going to end I couldn't help but think of the most simple, and easy solution to the whole thing and I'm wondering if this has ever been brought up before. If it has, sorry.

Why can't EA simply make a college football game that has completely fictional players at every position? In doing this the game would not be making money on anyone's likeness. The loophole of course is that EA could include robust customizing options for players and the people here at OS that do rosters could take care of the rest. It all seems too logical and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this as I'm not naive enough to think that I'm the one that will come up to this fix. But why isn't this an option?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is this not a solution?

So far the only thing that is gone is the logos but it doesn't look good for the series.

I remember mailing you a memory card like 10 years ago. LOL.

You mailed the rosters back pretty quickly and then I donated like $20 to you via paypal. Thanks for that!

Man I'm getting old...I miss college.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
It's far too late for this to be a solution.

The dominoes are starting to fall and at this point any future game will have generic rosters. I'm pretty sure they did that this year for the most part (didn't get last years game).
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's far too late for this to be a solution.

The dominoes are starting to fall and at this point any future game will have generic rosters. I'm pretty sure they did that this year for the most part (didn't get last years game).
I agree. But I figured it might be a solution for NCAA 15. Completely random players that are editable would seem to be a viable fix/workaround.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I agree. But I figured it might be a solution for NCAA 15. Completely random players that are editable would seem to be a viable fix/workaround.
I don't see what the problem is now. The game doesn't come with the players names in it....
they're similar yes but is that grounds for a lawsuit?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Is this not a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Fix for what though?

What's done with the NCAA and these conferences is already done and I can guarantee if the schools decide not to remove themselves the rosters will be completely randomized but that doesn't improve the position that we are in now in any way.

None of the entities that have said they will not agree are not just going to change their mind at this point.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-14-2013 at 10:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »