Home

Anyone ever try this with Recruiting?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever try this with Recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #1
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Anyone ever try this with Recruiting?

Yes, it can be lame and unfair sometimes, but have you ever used the Create-A-Prospect feature to create old players from your college? I do it a lot, and it's so damn fun. I love bringing Dorsey, McGahee, Johnson, and Shockey back to Miami. Hell, I even brough back Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed at one point!

I've also brought back some of the classic Wolverine legends, like Woodson and Howard.

Anybody try this before? It's fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone ever try this with Recruiting?

Not once.

I have only made a few prospects, but I really don't like doing that at all.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've never created a prospect with NCAA '04. Just never had any interest in it. I didn't have any reason to create any old Missouri players because most of them weren't very good.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been thinking about creating one or two this season (never done it before) and watching how they do. I wouldn't want to make any insanely good guys though (eg, will be or will reach 99 overall). I would make some guy with average athleticism but exceptional awareness, or an average speed HB/FB with strength and some incredible break tackle ability. Maybe a DE who has ratings to double as a bruising FB.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

I usually make myself and friends. I even made LeBron James once. I heard he was a pretty good wide receiver so I thought it'd be fun to create him. I don't like to recreate players currently in the NFL because it's messed up when I import the draft. Who wants to see two Charles Woodsons and two Ricky Williams in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

I have never recreated players but I have created some local high school talent before. Seniors and juniors that are likely to go D1. The St Louis area is not the hot bed of FL, CA, TX but still has the ability to produce quality players. Laurence Maroney comes to mind as one I created last year. Oddly enough he ended up in the Big Ten, not at Minn but at Iowa.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:56 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

I created another Steven Jackson. Not quite as good as Jackson, but he improved. I successfully recruited him to my Toledo Rockets, and he is currently a redshirt freshman phenom, rushing for 861 yards and 8 TDs through 4 games.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

If you go to www.rivals.com in their recruiting database - you can see who all of the top recruits will be for the next few years (basically every kid who is still playing in high school). The Rivals database is great, because they give you the height and weight of every player - as well as the guy's 40 time - so you can basically put in guys who will actually be top recruits in real life during the next few years.

Some of the notables are Adrian Petersen, a running back from Texas who is supposed to be the top recruit for 2004, Early Doucet - a wide receiver from Louisiana who is supposed to the top receiver in 2004, Orlando Moore - a wide receiver from Illinois who will be heavily-recruited for 2005, and Myron Rolle (Antrel and Samari's brother or cousin or something like that) - who is an absolute beast and will probably be one of the top recruits in 2006.

I have also created the "sons" of a few of my favorite college players from the past. For instance, I recruited the "grandson" of Len Dawson at Purdue, and he is now my second string QB. He even had to start in the national championship game his freshman year, which was a disaster.

The 2007 recruiting season will be interesting, in that - in real life, most of these kids are only freshmen - so they aren't even on the Rivals database yet. I will probably do a google search to find a few top freshmen players, and - I am going to create a few of the kids I coached in grade school basketball who are currently in 9th grade. 2008 and beyond will be a challenge for authenticity though (since - in real life - these kids are in grade school), so I will probably end up creating more "sons" and "grandsons" of my favorite college and pro players.

I usually only create 5 or 6 recruits per season - and I typically only make one of them awesome (in 2006 - it was Rolle - and I didn't even get him). I think I have only landed 2 or 3 of the guys I created in three seasons of recruiting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »