Home

Man, super sim needs some work..

This is a discussion on Man, super sim needs some work.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Man, super sim needs some work..

I just had the most ridiculous loss to the CPU in my Washington State dynasty. Super sim is the culprit here.

Now before I tell my story, I just want to say I don't mind losing whatsoever, in fact it makes the game 10X more fun rather than winning every game by 30 points.

I am the offensive coordinator for the Cougars (please keep this in mind while you read this, because I can't control a single thing on defense.) Let's start at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I am losing to Arizona State 49-35 and my defense literally has not forced one punt or turnover the whole game. ASU had 7 straight touchdown drives since the opening kickoff.

I open up the 4th quarter on my own 25 yard line, put a nice TD drive together, and cut the deficit to 49-42. My defense FINALLY forces a punt, I get the ball at my own 4 yard line. Put a decent drive together and score on a 30 yard screen pass to my HB Teondray Caldwell. Boom! All tied 49-49. ASU gets a couple of first downs and drive inside my red zone. So, I'm thinking yay, another ASU touchdown! But no! My defense responds and forces a pick and I take over at my own 5 yard line with 2:30 left in the game with 3 timeouts, score is still 49-49. And here begins literally a perfect 4th quarter drive, converting three 3rd downs, and now I am starting to take control of the game, as well as the clock. I even broke a 38 yard rush on 3rd and 4 at my own 30 yard line.

With 40 seconds left, I have a 1st and 10 at ASU's 35 yard line, so I'm in business! I run a read option and hand it off and get a first down, 30 seconds left, ball around the 22 yard line. I run no huddle but I let a little clock run down, and hit my slot receiver Bartolone on a post pattern for another first down.

Now here is where I get ripped by the madness that is called "super sim". After I hit Bartolone on the post for a first down, there is 16 seconds left and I have the ball on ASU's 6 yard line with 16 seconds to go and ALL 3 OF MY TIMEOUTS REMAINING. So, I decide to call a timeout to regroup, give my players a chance to catch their breath and figure out a game plan. I can easily get at least 2 more plays off to gain 6 yards to score a touchdown and seal the win, no problem.

But as soon as I call the timeout, the game cuts to the super sim menu to kick a field goal. WHY? I can get 2 more plays out of this drive with my 2 timeouts remaining. But I think ah, whatever, I'll go up 3 and let my defense suck it up for 2 plays and get the win. So, the game kicks the field goal, and I go up 52-49, 12 seconds left.

I super sim the kick-off, it's a 20 yard return for ASU and they take over at their own 22 yard line with 0:02 remaining. Smells like victory baby! Except, when I press RB to watch the last play, I see my defense run Dime Cover 1, and my safety and corner get beat. And I watch ASU's QB throw a 78 yard touchdown pass to win it..... sick.

There was no way in hell I should have lost that game. If I had control over those last 2 plays instead of the game cutting right to super sim to kick a field goal, my worst case scenario would be that I could call a timeout with 0:02 seconds left to make my field goal the very last play of the game. dumb.

Last edited by sccavs64; 08-08-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Man, super sim needs some work..

Wow that sucks... The only thing I can say is that I wish EA allow both the Offensive and Defensive Coordinator have special teams control for this exact reasoning. Nothing more frustrating that having Super Sim kick-in when you are on the 1 yard line with 5 seconds left in the half and you would rather roll the dice and try for a touchdown rather than a FG.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

This same type of situation has happened to me as well. Its pretty frustrating. Ive been running a dynasty as an OC with TCU also and for some reason my defense cant stop the pass. Im ranked 120th in pass defense. A few games ago after like 5 ots there were finally able to get a stop on a 2 point conversion and i won 73-71. Kinda ridiculous. I hoping the reason is my sliders and that probably is the reason
Old 08-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
Wow that sucks... The only thing I can say is that I wish EA allow both the Offensive and Defensive Coordinator have special teams control for this exact reasoning. Nothing more frustrating that having Super Sim kick-in when you are on the 1 yard line with 5 seconds left in the half and you would rather roll the dice and try for a touchdown rather than a FG.
Agreed 100%. No head coach would kick a field goal with 2 timeouts on the 5 yard line like that.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

vhhsfu0509's Arena

That's awful.

I too am playing as an OC and have lost multiple games where I've "chewed clock" at the end of the 4th before kicking the game winning field goal. But, the game cuts to the supersim screen right after 3rd down and the cpu doesn't continue to run the clock, they immediately kick the field goal. This gives the other team an extra 30 seconds or so to score, which of course, they usually do.

Also, another supersim complaint -- too many missed FGs and XPs. I'm talking 30 yarders and such. Ah, oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »