Home

How do you set up dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you set up dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
How do you set up dynasty?

So being a huge sim guy like most of the other guys on here I wanted to know how do you guys keep your dynasty as realistic as possible? I am still on NCAA 13 but after 8 years with Memphis I only had one bad year my first one there 2-10 but went 8-4 the next and then proceeded to win out the next couple of years. How do you guys keep it sim and realistic I want to struggle and not come up too quickly. I may have to bomb it up to hesiman but I noticed they use the deep ball a lot more which is impossible to defend.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How do you set up dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
So being a huge sim guy like most of the other guys on here I wanted to know how do you guys keep your dynasty as realistic as possible? I am still on NCAA 13 but after 8 years with Memphis I only had one bad year my first one there 2-10 but went 8-4 the next and then proceeded to win out the next couple of years. How do you guys keep it sim and realistic I want to struggle and not come up too quickly. I may have to bomb it up to hesiman but I noticed they use the deep ball a lot more which is impossible to defend.
I have the same problem of being able to rebuild teams too quickly even with hard sliders and Heisman.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I have to use house rules. I don't know about NCAA 13, skipped it, but for NCAA 14 it is real easy to land 4* ATH's at small 1* schools. These types of players in NCAA 14 can play 2-3 positions well so you could line them up every where but the cpu only plays them at one position if they recruit them at all. so I have the following house rules...
1) Only recruit players 1* level over school ranking.
-Example: At a 2* school so no recruit over 3* grade.
2) Only recruit the number of seniors leaving. Prevents over recruiting and makes depth harder to build.
-Example: I have 10 seniors so I can only bring in 10 recruits in the next class.
3) Once I reach 4* or higher status then I can only recruit 4* & 5* recruits only if they will start within 2 years.
-Example: I recruit a 4* WR but he will not play much as a true freshman, I can red shirt him but he must be one of my top 3 receivers next year or I can't recruit him at all.
4)Only recruit players that I start in their top 3 schools at the start of the season.
5)Set-up recruiting board in the preseason and cant add any more players all season. Also limit board to 5 players more then senior class.
-Example: 10 seniors= 15 recruits on the board

Some other fun things I like to do is when I take over a new job the school gets hit by the NCAA for violations that result in scholarship limits. I do 65 for 3* or below programs and 60 for 4* and higher. If I have more then that then I have to cut players to get to those numbers. Then you can also find some sliders that provide a challenge so you are not winning 10 games a season with a 1* program. I also take all FCS teams off the schedule.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: How do you set up dynasty?

Here is what I do to setup my dynasty:

-If I am a OC I run the HC playbook until I get the HC at that school or at another school

-After the first year If I am the HC I look at my depht chart grades and see what offense would be fit to run for that roster that year and try to fix one of my custom playbooks with it.

-As for the jbrew2411 houserules. I may have to try them. Seems like it will make making a lower team more of a challenge to build up.

-As for sliders. I am like you all trying to find a good set.

Another idea I have mind is (For example) I am HC but, was a OC before I got the job. Is simming the part of the team. I don't anything to do with IE: the defense

OR

-Let the CPU do the recuting and set the players you want and deal with the hand your delt with.

OR

-Recuit your players and install the offense you want and SUPERSIM the game.

OR

To make a dynasty really interesting and make you yell to the top of your lungs, chew prozac like its candy, and chew up a metal skoal can and drink your spit.............PUT all of jbrew2411 houserules and my suggests in one season with a 1* cupake created school or deafult school and MAN UP!

Last edited by jt2000; 11-12-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

*THIS WORKS*

1. Play 4 Regular Season games/yr.

2. Can't play same team 2yrs in a row. (Unless Bowl or Champ Game)

3. Can't play Champ Game 2yrs in a row or if Won the previous yr.

4. Can't play SAME Bowl 2yrs in a row or if Won the previous yr.

5. Can't CUT any player YOU sign. So Sign about 14 players/yr. (14*5=70)

6. Must CUT Recruits CPU GIVES you.

7. AQ Schools get 3 Recruits > 3*/yr. NON AQ get 1 4*/yr.

8. ONLY Recruit/Sign players in YOUR state or BORDER states

9. Don't let UR QB AWR Increase @ ALL during season. Edit EVERY week!!!

*THIS WORKS*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

When I was at smaller schools, I had some fun using a few house rules namely:

1) Limit recruiting range. At a 1 and 2 star I kept it just bordering states, at 3 it was more regional (e.g. A school in Arizona could recruit Oregon, Washington but not Michigan etc.) at 5 stars and above I figure they have the national recognition that players from across the U.S. and Canada will come.

If you want to be even more realistic (Well I think it is), limit recruiting of non-regional players til after at least a couple years of big success (like BCS bowl appearances/wins and being highly ranked).

I also limited the "levels" of recruits. 1 and two stars can get 3 stars at most (more realistic is probably 1 and two stars with maybe a few 3 stars, particularly from in-state). 3 star and 4 star programs are mostly 3 stars with a few 4 stars. At 5 star mostly 4s and 3s, with a couple 5 stars.

You can also look up recruiting classes to get an idea of where a school mainly recruits and use that til they get big (for example at ASU I allowed recruiting in Texas even when ASU was a 3, since in real life I'm somewhat confident they recruit in Texas a fair bit).

Oh forgot another, til at least 4 stars, when looking for recruits after pre-season, must have at least a C, but better a B or higher in their top 2 wants. If a kid's most wanted is playing in a big conference and you are in the Sun Belt, shouldn't recruit that kid.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

I was really having a hard time enjoying this game anymore...
Sliders sliders sliders... difficulty level.. game speed... recruiting rules... bla bla..

I wanted this to be fun, just have a dynasty I could play a game without too much thought.
I want the games competitive and I want to know the names of my players, feel connected.

So I kept it real simple.

Keep everything on default even difficulty level.
Recruit for two years before I play a game.
Cut everyone from the team I didn't recruit.
Never add any coach points to HC/OC/DC, just leave them alone.
But the kicker is...
Only recruit ONE STAR WHITE GUYS.
No exceptions no complicated rules.

In a game last night my QB actually dropped the ball from the throwing position, this may be common but I'd never seen it before. It's a real challenge playing with them but I actually did beat Boise State somehow. But I'm 1-3 on the year so far with all Freshmen/RS Freshmen. Not sure how good my team will be when they are all seniors but if I always recruit One Star White Guys I doubt I'll ever be much above a 70 overall if that. My team overall is a 51 right now.

PS.. This isn't racist. You could use one star black guys but there are a lot more to choose from so I choose white guys since this would be the hardest way.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
I was really having a hard time enjoying this game anymore...
Sliders sliders sliders... difficulty level.. game speed... recruiting rules... bla bla..

I wanted this to be fun, just have a dynasty I could play a game without too much thought.
I want the games competitive and I want to know the names of my players, feel connected.

So I kept it real simple.

Keep everything on default even difficulty level.
Recruit for two years before I play a game.
Cut everyone from the team I didn't recruit.
Never add any coach points to HC/OC/DC, just leave them alone.
But the kicker is...
Only recruit ONE STAR WHITE GUYS.
No exceptions no complicated rules.

In a game last night my QB actually dropped the ball from the throwing position, this may be common but I'd never seen it before. It's a real challenge playing with them but I actually did beat Boise State somehow. But I'm 1-3 on the year so far with all Freshmen/RS Freshmen. Not sure how good my team will be when they are all seniors but if I always recruit One Star White Guys I doubt I'll ever be much above a 70 overall if that. My team overall is a 51 right now.

PS.. This isn't racist. You could use one star black guys but there are a lot more to choose from so I choose white guys since this would be the hardest way.

Looks at location...Mississippi. It all makes sense.

I'm just messing with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »