Home

Zero to Hero: mid major to BCS Champs

This is a discussion on Zero to Hero: mid major to BCS Champs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Zero to Hero: mid major to BCS Champs

Just wanted to see if anyone had any tips for me as I try to turn Tulane (I really like their jerseys) and my UConn Huskies into national powers. UConn is a littler farther along than Tulane making it a little easier, but it still comes down to recruiting and finding players that fit your system. I play every game on a high difficulty and do all recruiting myself (no CPU).

Anyone have any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Zero to Hero: mid major to BCS Champs

I turned New Mexico into a national power in my current dynasty. I took over at the end of my 3rd year. At that point I had been the OC at FIU for 2 seasons and the OC at Georgia for 1. When I took over at New Mexico they had some really nice pieces but still had major holes. In my 3rd season with them I was able to win the BCS title, here is the plan I followed.

- That first off season, before the start of my first season there, I made it a point to find me a QB. I needed one that could run my Pistol Spread and be the man in year 2.

-I red shirted every freshman unless they were going to start. I had the #7 ranked tailback that was signed when I got there. He was only rated a 73ovr and would have been 3rd on my depth chart. I not waste a year I red shirted him to get an extra year of progression.

-Don't try to build Rome in year 1. I expected to win 6-7 games in year 1 to get the ball rolling. I had planned on making my 3rd year the big leap year where I would go all in. That plan allowed me to build in pieces.

-Used my plan above to create position of need to target during recruiting. In year 1 I got my QB and HB of the future. I also landed a future star LB and 2 key o-lineman. Year 2 I targeted the secondary landing 2 really good corners and 2 safeties completing my defensive backfield for the title run. In year 3 I looked to add pass rushers and more skill position players.

-Win games and win bowl games. I was able to win big rival games and my bowl games opening the door to better recruits. Put hard non-conference games on the schedule.

-Keep space on your roster to land transfers. If I could not get a decent player through recruiting then I would leave an open roster spot. This allowed me to land some really good transfers including 4 starters on my championship team.

-Create a system that attracts a large variety of players. On offense I ran and threw the ball, I went no huddle all the time to get more plays in, and I made sure to meet visiting recruits goals each game they were at. On defense I used multiple looks and tried to be ranked high in overall defense.

Overall the best way to build a team is with time. Make you a list of what each position requires of that player, then recruit only those players that fit that profile. I was surprised at how many players I found that fit what I wanted to do. Look for the under recruited players, then target them. Make full use of your pipeline states. That is what works for me.

-
Old 08-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

do BCS conference invites happen automatically?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
do BCS conference invites happen automatically?

There are no invites anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »