Home

NCAA 06 Playbook Editor

This is a discussion on NCAA 06 Playbook Editor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2021, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 06 Playbook Editor

Here is a playbook editor for NCAA '06. This is for use on an emulator, although if you know what you're doing, you can get the edited ISO file to work on a PS2 as well. Always make a backup before using this editor. I am a self-taught programmer writing an editor for a video game I did not make. Use at your own risk!

You can watch a YouTube video to get a better understanding of how it works (for a previous version, but you will get a good idea of how to operate this utility): NCAA '06 Playbook Editor v. 2.2.2 video tutorial. Sorry my video making skills are not what others are.

Visit PlaybookGamer.com for more information regarding NCAA 06 plays and schemes.

Update Log:
Version 2.3.1 (6/11/22):
  • fixed an issue where the PLRD table (running holes) wasn't loading, displaying, and saving correctly
  • added the option to replace just the PSAL or ARTL values of a route
  • fixed the issue with the left route arrow facing to the right
  • fixed the pass blocking arrow issue so it's now visible
  • fixed an issue where resetting plays was only resetting the QB position
  • added the option to edit size-modified playbook files (this will come in handy in a later update)
Version 2.2 (2/12/22):
  • added the 'About' form
  • added the option to show running holes on running plays
  • added the option to view and edit the PLYT field of a play (helps with blocking schemes)
  • added the option to edit running holes on running plays (helps the AI defense react better)
  • added a "Replace ALL Routes with ALL Routes" button
  • added the option to change a set's player positions
  • added the ability to do a quick route change with some default route options
  • updated the PSAL table to display textual information along with the table information
Version 2.1 (2/6/22):
  • removed the ability to edit NCAA '07 playbooks
  • removed the ability to edit plays from certain formations (this was a playbook structure issue)
  • added the ability to reorder plays in some eligible formations
  • added the option to view the PSAL table for individual play routes
  • added the "Save As" option
Version 2.0 (1/3/22):
  • added the ability to read NCAA '07 playbook files
  • added the option to view ARTL routes
  • created a tutorial file
Version 1.2 (1/1/22):
  • added arrows and blocking 'bars' to the routes (as well as the option to view them or not)
  • created an ".ini" file that autoloads some information so users don't need to type information in every time
Version 1.1 (12/31/21):
  • added the ability to edit defensive plays
  • added the option to choose between the default playbook or the loaded playbook when selecting new routes
  • changed the GUI to hide the Import/Export options be default
  • color coded the route changing option boxes to easily distinguish between options
Version 1.0 (12/31/21):
  • initial release
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA Playbook Editor 2.3.1.zip (2.13 MB, 303 views)

Last edited by jdhalfrack; 06-11-2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Updated to version 2.3.1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2021, 09:48 AM   #2
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 06 Playbook Editor

Would this work for ncaa 07 ps2?
Old 01-01-2022, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
It could. The database structures are similar, but I'm not sure they are the exact same. I've already made some updates on this editor, but am waiting until I'm a little happier with it to release the updated version. Once I finish that, I can also see if there's discrepancies between the two PB files from '06 and '07.

Until then, test it out, and let me know if it works. The same steps should work if the structures are the same.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
I am working on an update for the utility that will work with '07 files. I'll release the update momentarily, which includes a lot of other options, too.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Okay, here is version 2.0 which now supports NCAA 07 playbooks (I think... haven't tested it enough). I also added a plethora of new options and created a tutorial PDF (included in Zip). Enjoy!

JD
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA Playbook Editor.zip (1.06 MB, 58 views)

Last edited by jdhalfrack; 01-03-2022 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2022, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhalfrack
Okay, here is version 2.0 which now supports NCAA 07 playbooks (I think... haven't tested it enough). I also added a plethora of new options and created a tutorial PDF (included in Zip). Enjoy!

JD
It can edit 07 playbook, but when I try to save it, it always prompts warning. I ignore the warning and save it anyway but the game would not show any of the plays, the playbook is blank.
I follow your tutorial step by step.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkjaer03
It can edit 07 playbook, but when I try to save it, it always prompts warning. I ignore the warning and save it anyway but the game would not show any of the plays, the playbook is blank.
I follow your tutorial step by step.
Hmm… let me look into it. Sorry for the delayed response! I don’t get notification when I get updates, and I don’t ever think of checking.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Okay… bad news. While the playbook structure between ‘06 and ‘07 is the same, the way the information is used appears to be different. Thus, my editor doesn’t work correctly for ‘07 playbooks. I haven’t really ever played ‘07, so I didn’t know this.

At some point, I will send more time making it work with ‘07 playbooks, but for now my focus is on ‘06 solely.

Sorry 😕

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »