Home

I wonder how Conferences will look...

This is a discussion on I wonder how Conferences will look... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8
I wonder how Conferences will look...

This just popped into my head. Now that the ACC has 11 teams, and then going to 12, I wonder how this is going to work out in NCAA 2005. Do you think they will have conference re-alignment in the game? Right now all I hope is that they have VT and Miami in the ACC. The big problem here is that VT and Miami aren't "officially" in the ACC until July 1, 2004. I hope the NCAA doesn't **** this over!

Thanks
DaHokieBird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #2
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I wonder how Conferences will look...

i would highly doubt that Miami and VT would be left out of the ACC in the game, but if they are EA would feel the wrath of MANY unhappy customers
Old 04-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I know Madden did this a few years back. They added Houston into the game after the first year of the franchise so we know it is possible to do this. I hope they can.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

elicoleman said:
I know Madden did this a few years back. They added Houston into the game after the first year of the franchise so we know it is possible to do this. I hope they can.

Yes, on Madden 2002 You could coach a team then become the Texans coach after year 1. I remember because I took Tony Dungy from the Bucs and made him the coach. If they get year 2 allingment in, I will pee myself!!!!!!!!!!!! Also they could maybe just have all the realignment done this year and be done with it.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:

DaHokieBird said:
This just popped into my head. Now that the ACC has 11 teams, and then going to 12, I wonder how this is going to work out in NCAA 2005. Do you think they will have conference re-alignment in the game? Right now all I hope is that they have VT and Miami in the ACC. The big problem here is that VT and Miami aren't "officially" in the ACC until July 1, 2004. I hope the NCAA doesn't **** this over!

Thanks
DaHokieBird

This is interesting, I hope they release something soon about this. I hope they do like they did in Madden 02 and have everything straight in year 2. If not, hopefully we can adjust the conferences and do it ourselves before the first year, that would be good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope they have conference realignment. There is more than just BC entering the ACC in a year. The big east will have several teams entering it and I think TCU decided to jump out of their conference and marshall out of the mac. There were so many offseason moves that I lost track of them all.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah, Marshall is joining C-USA starting with the 2005 season. They were trying to get the NCAA to allow them to join this season, but that got struck down. As far as I know, TCU is still in C-USA. USF, Louisville, and Cincinnati left.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

The big problem here is that VT and Miami aren't "officially" in the ACC until July 1, 2004.

Hmmm... well, hopefully since the game won't likely hit the shelves until after July 1, the NCAA won't have any problems with it. I'd imagine EA would do as much as possible to ensure that these initial switches make it in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »