Home

how to stop cheezers on NCAA online...ARGH!!

This is a discussion on how to stop cheezers on NCAA online...ARGH!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
how to stop cheezers on NCAA online...ARGH!!

Hey guys,
I've recently gone back online to play some NCAA 2004 on the PS2. Surprisngly, there are about 60 people online at any given time, so it's not hard to find a game. Even more surprisng, not all the players have crazy ranks, lots of relative newbs...

The game is awesome online, but there is sooooo much cheese, it's ridiculous. Well, maybe not cheese, maybe I just can't stop some of their strategies. Anyone have any suggestions? Things I see often...

1) Lots of QB scrambles upfield. They mix it up by running up and then bombing it downfield. Even when calling spy, the LB can't seem to contain the QB.

2) Constant Long bombs. Even if I call Cover2 man, They still put it up. I've tried to control the player and swat/pick the ball, but given they have 4 tries, usually, eventually they get a big one complete

In general, my offense can move the ball, it's just my defense can't do much. I've tried bringing the house, I've tried zones, I've tried conservative, nothing seems to "work".

Ok, enough whining, I suck! But any suggestions for defense would be welcome...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: how to stop cheezers on NCAA online...ARGH!!

Stop playing random games.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

Keep your good game experiences on your EA Messenger list...I haven't played NCAA in a while because of the new information about NCAA 2005.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I'll second BDunn.

Find a group of "good guys" to play and stick with them.

Avoid the 14 year old punks.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
I'll second BDunn.

Find a group of "good guys" to play and stick with them.

Avoid the 14 year old punks.

yep, this is the best strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree with others. I havent even played a football game online and I know just stick to certain people. Ask some guys from OS im sure most are stand up players, at least the regs are.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

See, what bugs me is that in most other online games, I can *stop* the cheese somehow or another...by altering my settings, gameplay, strategy, etc. There is nothing like shutting down a cheezer and finding out that once you take his cheese away, he is helpless...

For some reason, this game seems to have soooo many ways of cheezing, it feels impossible to stop. From your responses, it sounds like there is no good way to stop the cheese...

Any idea if 2005 is going to make any fixes to stop the easy bombs(even in double coverage!!) and the constant QB scrambling(injuries? Fumbles!!).
Old 05-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #8
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

alphadog808 said:
See, what bugs me is that in most other online games, I can *stop* the cheese somehow or another...by altering my settings, gameplay, strategy, etc. There is nothing like shutting down a cheezer and finding out that once you take his cheese away, he is helpless...

For some reason, this game seems to have soooo many ways of cheezing, it feels impossible to stop. From your responses, it sounds like there is no good way to stop the cheese...

Any idea if 2005 is going to make any fixes to stop the easy bombs(even in double coverage!!) and the constant QB scrambling(injuries? Fumbles!!).

I don't think so, EA fair play really doesn't do much either. Just find a good group of guys and add them on to your friends list. Hell, my EAonline name is Nivek. Add me to your list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »