Home

Top Stadiums

This is a discussion on Top Stadiums within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 02:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Top Stadiums

Sorry to start a new thread when there is one rolling around on this (although it is suffering thread degeneration syndrome...). I figured this would be well served by a new thread, however.

I remembered seeing a few articles on top stadiums before and I wondered if EA had used them in their research for the HFA feature...

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6437023
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/sports/...16102098&cp1=1

Summary of sportsline article (top 10 out of 25, check the link for the rest)...

1 Texas A&M
2 Notre Dame
3 Tennessee
4 Florida
5 LSU
6 Nebraska
7 Florida State
8 Alabama
9 Auburn
10 Georgia

Summary of the msnbc article...

1. Tenn.
2. Notre Dame
3. Florida
4. Texas A&M
5. Washington
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Wisconsin
9. Nebraska
10. Oregon

Compared to what has been written in articles and message boards as being in the game...

1. Tenn
2. Notre Dame
3. Florida
4. LSU
...?

Pretty close so far. While the articles aren't strictly about "Home Field Advantage" I would say that the stadium has a lot to do with that. It seems that EA isn't the only one who thinks that ND should be #2, even though I don't really see it being true.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but I thought it was some interesting info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 06:46 AM   #2
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Top Stadiums

Well, of the stadiums Ive been too on that CBS list, I dont know how Autzen & the LA COLISEUM is tied. Then again, its just some useless formula (like the BCS!) that is determining those rankings. I went to a USC/Oregon game at the LA Coliseum a couple yrs ago and I saw nothing special about it. Maybe its different for a prime time ND/USC matchup but Autzen is rockin every game.

Its a pretty good topic though I enjoy reading & talking about and hearing what other people have to say about their own teams' stadium.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why is ND up there, I dont understand it at all they no longer have the HFA like they did in the past And Texas AM to, if they and washington made it how didnt Ohio State make it?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #4
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

ALL THE HOMERS. PLEASE STAND UP.. PLEASE STAND UP.. PLEASE STAND UP....
Old 05-16-2004, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Top Confirmed teams are:

#1 Tennessee
#2 Notre Dame
#3 Florida
#4 LSU
#5 ?
#6 Michigan

It was confirmed from some Michigan can on a Michigan board who went to E3.

A little more info is always good.

If I had to guess, I'd say Ohio State or Florida State is #5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

I really don't think you guys are understanding the stadium thing at all. Its not about the PROGRAM. Its about the STADIUM. Its about the closeness of the fans in relation to the field, its about crowdnoise, its about history and tradition. Yes, Notre Dame is not what it once was. But it IS a loud stadium and it does deserve to be in the Top 25. Does it matter WHERE they are rated? All 25 will have impacts so why argue about spots? I'm very fortunate that I've been to games at Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Arizona State, Rose Bowl (OSU vs. ASU), Penn State (Not sure if they are on the list, but when they went to 100,000k people it became VERY loud), Tennessee and Miami(OH). Arizona State when they were great in '95 was SOOO loud. All you Nebraska fans can remember that 19-0 debacle. I don't think the Rose Bowl should make it because it isn't loud, and the fans are SO far away.

At any rate, I just don't think you guys are looking at it right. I think you're talking about and getting wrapped up in the teams ability along with the stadium when how the team is now should have nothing to do with it. When you look at the stadiums they've ranked, they all deserve to be there.

Thats all...Flame away at me lol.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:38 PM   #7
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

I understand what you are saying but HFA is also relative to how a team is doing. You cant tell me that Notre Dame is the second scariest place to play. After what the Irish fans did when Nebraska came to town and the fact that they dont dominate at home like they once did(37-0 to FSU last year) means that having them at #2 is assanine. They are the only teams I reall have a problem with as far as where the HFA is ranked. Top 25 maybe but not #2.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

kodiak said:
I understand what you are saying but HFA is also relative to how a team is doing. You cant tell me that Notre Dame is the second scariest place to play. After what the Irish fans did when Nebraska came to town and the fact that they dont dominate at home like they once did(37-0 to FSU last year) means that having them at #2 is assanine. They are the only teams I reall have a problem with as far as where the HFA is ranked. Top 25 maybe but not #2.

Ok but that's my point? Just because they are #2 doesn't mean it's harder to play there then the #3 place. Its just 25 teams. I mean I personally have no ill will, nor do I like N.D., just a college football lover. I just think to argue about them being #2 but they do deserve to be in the top 25 is kind of a waste. I mean you could spend time breaking it down further about how this team shouldn't be there and so forth. At least you do agree that they do deserve to be in the 25 toughest places.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »