Home

Best/worst recruit you've ever seen

This is a discussion on Best/worst recruit you've ever seen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2016, 03:16 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best/worst recruit you've ever seen

What's the best or worst recruit you've seen? I recruited a 64 overall QB hoping he'd be a gem and he ended up being a 49(!).
The best recruit I've seen strictly from a ratings standpoint was an 82 receiver. Dude was a monster.
And the biggest gen I've ever gotten wasn't actually a gem. He was just a MLB who intercepted everything. I played on Heisman with 35 INT and he finished his career in the low 80s with 20-something interceptions. He has 5 in one game and had a year with 14 or something like that. He was so good for whatever reason that I started him ahead of other MLBs who were higher rated. It was nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 03:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best/worst recruit you've ever seen

NCAA 11 has some wild variety. And it's even crazier since you can't scout. I had a 43 overall recruit come in this past season at Wyoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

The best non-Juco player I ever signed was an 86 overall kicker. Dude didn't have much range but he was money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #4
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

In my NJIT (no scouting CAS) dynasty I recruited & signed a 5 star RB 78 ovr A spd. He ended up a bust (-13) at 65 ovr with 84 spd. I still started him in the dynasty to be realistic, I benched him after 4 games.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

whughes's Arena

I did a dynasty with Central Michigan for 7 years. Recruited a 2* wr who was only 60 overall, but had A speed and A acceleration. Figured I'd put him at kick and punt returns only. By his senior year he had improved to an 80 overall, 98 speed, 96 acceleration, and he held every school record for receiving at CMU. He only had like 70 catch rating but his spec catch was in the high 80s, I threw a lot of go routes to him and he'd catch almost every single one even in double coverage. He was like the Megatron of the MAC. I've had way higher rated players in other dynasties at other schools, but I don't think one single player has ever impacted a game as much as he did. Kid's name was Babatunde Schneider, that's the only reason I even looked at him and discovered his speed. Without that name I would've never gave him a look

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #6
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I did a dynasty with Central Michigan for 7 years. Recruited a 2* wr who was only 60 overall, but had A speed and A acceleration. Figured I'd put him at kick and punt returns only. By his senior year he had improved to an 80 overall, 98 speed, 96 acceleration, and he held every school record for receiving at CMU. He only had like 70 catch rating but his spec catch was in the high 80s, I threw a lot of go routes to him and he'd catch almost every single one even in double coverage. He was like the Megatron of the MAC. I've had way higher rated players in other dynasties at other schools, but I don't think one single player has ever impacted a game as much as he did. Kid's name was Babatunde Schneider, that's the only reason I even looked at him and discovered his speed. Without that name I would've never gave him a look
Just goes to show that overall tends to mean very little in the grand scheme of things.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:31 AM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I once recruited at 89 QB as a true freshman. I think it was NCAA 12. I stopped playing 6 games into his first year, the wins were coming too easy and I got bored.

The lowest I've had without scouting was a 51 TE. Due to strict house rules, he was all I had. Couldn't block for crap, but he actually did pretty decent snagging passes. I think I racked up around 800 receiving yards with him as a freshman. By his Sophomore year, he was benched in favor of a transfer who was now eligible. I still used him as a slot receiver though, he was about 10 pts better overall as a WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
Just goes to show that overall tends to mean very little in the grand scheme of things.
Very true. Sometimes, a 70 player will fit better than an 80.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

I got an 88 overall DT in NCaa 10. True freshman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »