Home

Suspension and dismissals

This is a discussion on Suspension and dismissals within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello all. I know I have posted a lot but I thought I would post something about how to make suspensions and dismissals effect your dynasty. The game won't do it but you can. If you wish to suspend a player for the season or dismiss him before the season, use a red shirt if able. No he is not really redshirted but that will remove him from the roster. If his red shirt is used or you want to do a partial season suspension, use Injury and set the length for however long.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Suspension and dismissals

What do you mean by "use injury and set the length for however long?" I'm unaware of any way to force an injury on a guy, without using the editor. Am I wrong? I'd love to impose a few extra injuries here and there lol.

Personally, I just move the guy to the bottom of the depth chart at his given position. For a RB or TE, this means down to usually #4. A WR down to #6-8 depending on how many there are. It's not perfect, but it effectively keeps them off the field until they're done with whatever punishment I have given.

Also, for dismissals prior to the season, I do that in the "cut players" menu in the offseason. That way they're just gone for good and not taking up a roster spot, since we already don't get the true 85. Sometimes I use a dice roll or something to decide, sometimes I just decide on my own to add challenge or a storyline.

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

I don’t know how to “make” someone have an injury either, come to think of it. I’ll look into it when I get home. As far as in the game, definitely not any way to force an injury. I guess you can keep him in the game even as his stamina decreases into the red. When you see the formation on the play call screen , some players will be orange, yellow or red. The red ones are very fatigued and highly likely to be injured. That would increase his chances of getting injured. If the player you want out is one of the ones in red, don’t sub him out. Be sure to turn off auto sub or set it very low.

As far as the editor goes, you can take players that are currently injured and set their injury length to whatever you want. Or just change their name and change it back when they come back, unless you want to kick them off the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by ugagsu; 10-30-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

stiets1118's Arena

Re: Suspension and dismissals

A few years back, i played my Penn state dynasty and, trying to imitate their attempted death penalty by the NCAA, I took on the same restrictions as they were given. I lost 15 scholarships as the did IRL, so i recruited only 10 players, and never offered any more than that. Then when the system forced walk-ons to me, I wrote down who they gave me at the end of the recruiting phase, and made them punters, then simply cut them from my roster. I made sure I kept the minimum required for positions, which made me strategize who i recruited.
At times I had to recruit athletes that could play both ways...WR and CB, etc. Made it challenging but fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »