Home

Recruiting Help

This is a discussion on Recruiting Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting Help

Hey guys I need recruiting help. I am a 6 star prestige and so are some of the other guys in my online dynasty so that makes recruiting hard especially since we are in the same conference and fighting for the same recruits. This might be the 2nd straight year I don't get the number 1 recruiting class which is a big deal to me. Any secret tips? Or just strategy in general? Theories on visits would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

Re: Recruiting Help

I usually try to stack my visits into one week, against a rival that I know I can beat. For example, in my Tulane dynasty my rivals are LSU and Southern Miss. I always KILL Southern Miss, plus it's a rival game, so I try to stack my recruits to all visit that one week. You get the bonus for the win, the bonus for it being a rival win, and the bonus for complimentary visits for having your quarterback visit at aame time as your lineman, corners with your safeties, etc

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I like to have 2 games a year for visits. One is for all offensive players, only those ready, and the other of defense. I try to make it a rival, as Georgia i have a couple each season. Next you need to win those games while getting the bonus points. I also look if a play comes in will the lose 50 points b/c I have another player at his position there. I also target my need players and give them max points each week as well .

On a side note, don't put to much value in your class rank. In my dynasty Bama has had the #1 class the past 4 seasons but I have 4 strait tilted while they have finished 2nd or worse in the West each year. Recruit the players that fit what you do so you can win on the field not on the recruiting rankings.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Pre-Season I scout 20 guys, I pick my favorite 9 or 10.

I only put as many people as I can on my board where they can get the maximum amount of points. Try to get to first place if you have instant commit before you offer scholarships. If you don't have instant commit, then you can offer it whenever.

Before you offer the instant commit, if you take the players' points down to ZERO, you will be able to use them, but if he commits with 500 points on, those points are gone for that week.

Once you get a commit, go find another recruit. Don't worry about who is 1st in Interest, worry about who is the best player you can get.

Once you get that commit, go look at all recruits, and sort them by Commit %, Anyone under like 30% you have a chance to get, so filter through those, scout looking for gems and players who fit your system, and sometimes you can get very good players that for some reason don't garner interest from other teams. Even top teams will brush them aside, and guess what, it's a QB with 89 Speed, 90 THP and 85 Acc (then he'll transfer because you redshirted him even though your Senior QB is leaving and he was next in line)

Sometimes if you schedule your visit too far out, he will become less interested. I like to stack a couple recruits together for the extra 50 points, also you can focus on the your pipeline states, for another additional 50 bonus points. Also try to schedule your visits for Rivalry games against a top 25 team, or a higher ranked team.

If you have a recruit that is like 3,000 points ahead, any visit will probably do, it'll be an insurmountable lead, until the off-season recruiting.

Stay with guys that have +200 or more bonus points to your school. It can get very tough going after guys you can only get +90 points while other teams are +330.

If you see a guy has a bad grade for your "playing style" go to Recruiting, My School, and check out the playing style they prefer. It varies on each type of player, but you can improve that, which would give you more bonus points per week.

You will almost always get the Top Class if you use all of your scholarships. I'm known for using 22-25 of my scholarships.

A lot of times 3 star Gems will be excellent players, therefore giving you hidden value, and possible a few players that your friends aren't targeting.

If you are allowed to reset your coach tree at the end of the season, I would recommend putting every skill point into recruiting, and that could possibly be what your fellow Dynasty-Mates are doing as well. This could give you an advantage in allotment of scouting points, points allowed per recruit, off-season recruiting points, extra visit points, and the ever-coveted Insta-Commit!

Don't waste your time on guys who aren't going to come to your school, once you see you're not progressing or gaining on the leader, there's a very high chance you're out of the race, that is unless their visit is done, and yours is coming up, and you are within a few hundred.

In the Off-Season just focus on one or two guys, where you can put like 10,000 and 5,000 on them to make sure you get the important guys.

Turn off all of your CPU help because they'll screw you.

Remember, keep your board very lite.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 01-23-2015 at 05:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »