Home

Duke football

This is a discussion on Duke football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Duke football

Have any of you done a dynasty with the Duke Blue Devils?

I notice they are a 2 star prestige and lose a lot of seniors after the first year. Are they a good team to do a dynasty with and build?

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Duke football

I haven't played as Duke, but in my Tulane dynasty I moved Duke to the American conference and they whopped me something like 45-13. But in year two like you said they lost a lot of seniors and I beat them something like 31-21.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Anytime you have a 2 star team that loses a lot of players in the first 2 years then it is always a fun build. Add them being in a Power-5 conference then it should be harder to build and you know you didn't cheat the system.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Magicfan32's Arena

OVR: 0

In my Duke dynasty, I went 11-2 the first season (justified by all but 4 of my opponents being ranked). And considering I barely held an opponent under 21 points that first season, I'd say they are hard to start out with. It really just depends on how the CPU likes to do things.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

They are in a power 5 conference already in the ACC. I play all the games. I play on All-American and do not use any sliders. I feel like I may need to change that b/c I usually win all my games and sometimes I win them handily.

I wish the computer didn't intercept so many passes.

What changes would you all suggest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo106822
They are in a power 5 conference already in the ACC. I play all the games. I play on All-American and do not use any sliders. I feel like I may need to change that b/c I usually win all my games and sometimes I win them handily.

I wish the computer didn't intercept so many passes.

What changes would you all suggest?
I answered your PM but will say some things here in case it might help others. If you are winning with ease then try lowering your sliders and raising the CPU sliders. As for throwing so many INTs then you can do 2 things. First thing is to lower CPU INT slider, I have mine at 35 or 40. The second thing you can do is try to limit the forced passes. I am not trying to be a mean but pick come from throwing in coverage. I too try to force passes at times or press the passing button hard then I should. The safe pass is always the best pass.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Jeremy.Horne.SC's Arena

OVR: 2

Had a Duke dynasty on NCAA 13 that lasted closer to a dozen seasons which was one of my longest ever. Had blast turning them into a powerhouse.

Their color pallet/uniform combos are some of the best in the game. Playbook is pretty nice too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »