Home

Who were your usual powerhouses in long dynasties?

This is a discussion on Who were your usual powerhouses in long dynasties? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Who were your usual powerhouses in long dynasties?

I have one now in year 2048 (long time running-went from Ohio State-ND-LSU-Oklahoma (fired me after i won a national championship, odd)-now im with UCLA) and for a majority of the time teams like North Texas, Fresno State, Arkansas, and all my former teams are the constant top 10 or so. I was wondering if other teams show up end up top 10 year out. Also, whats the longest you've ever had? Every year I get scared it'll reach a limit they set or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Who were your usual powerhouses in long dynasties?

Quote:

teams like North Texas, Fresno State, Arkansas, and all my former teams are the constant top 10 or so.

Go Hogs!!

In one previous version of NCAA, '03 I think, I simmed up to like 60-something seasons before it forced me to retire.

I am now in year 15 or so (playing as Arkansas) and Colorado State and Louisville usually end up unbeaten. Miami and Ohio State are pretty good every year, contending for national titles. Southern Cal is starting to come on strong.

The SEC is weak, weak, weak. I've played Tennessee it seems like the past six or seven years in the SEC-CG. Everyone else in the league suck, even though Auburn is okay.

Florida and Florida State are horrible.

Notre Dame was good for awhile, but I think the Irish have faded a bit the past couple years.

Texas and A&M are okay, but the Aggies beat me a couple seasons back.

Ohio (Bobcats) had a couple years contending for a title, but they've also faded a bit.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I just started a Dynasty, and Colorado State won the National Championship the very first year, going undefeated. In others I've played, teams like North Texas, TCU, Bowling Green and others become huge powerhouses on down the road, for some reason.

Also, the big 3 in Florida start sucking. I don't understand why...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:46 PM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

MissStFan87 said:
I just started a Dynasty, and Colorado State won the National Championship the very first year, going undefeated. In others I've played, teams like North Texas, TCU, Bowling Green and others become huge powerhouses on down the road, for some reason.

Also, the big 3 in Florida start sucking. I don't understand why...

Colorado State won the NC in my first year too over Virginia Tech. Maryland won the next year. In my current season Southern Mississippi is ranked #1.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #5
Rookie

jls211's Arena

OVR: 3

Cincinnati, Fresno State, Louisville, and Northern Illinois were all perennial powerhouses in my dynasty. North Texas wasn't because I started out with Texas Tech and played them every year (so later TTU stayed at the top). I really hope they put more work into keeping small schools with no real football tradition out of the top 5. It's fine to have Cinderella-type seasons, but not have it happen once and have the school suddenly stay at the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

BlueKnight10 said:
I have one now in year 2048 (long time running-went from Ohio State-ND-LSU-Oklahoma (fired me after i won a national championship, odd)-now im with UCLA) and for a majority of the time teams like North Texas, Fresno State, Arkansas, and all my former teams are the constant top 10 or so. I was wondering if other teams show up end up top 10 year out. Also, whats the longest you've ever had? Every year I get scared it'll reach a limit they set or something.

For some reason, Toledo is always the National Championship winner. And Michigan does pretty well, mainly because I make sure they win by re-simming until they do I can't stand to use them as my team (too easy, not a big UM fan), but I want them to be near the top where they belong.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

North Carolina State, always beats Ohio State, always come sin top 3 first year always lands top QB, always ends up being Top 5 in preseason for next year.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Around year 4 or 5, Louisvllle was the most dominant team in my dynasty too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »