Home

Thinking of Getting Back in the Game....

This is a discussion on Thinking of Getting Back in the Game.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Thinking of Getting Back in the Game....

I just had a few questions. In NCAA 13, there were a few glitches in Dynasty that used to bug me and I wanted to know if they were still in the game.

There seemed to be an issue with Television Exposure, Program Tradition, and Coach Prestige grades. Are those elements still in NCAA 14?

Is teambuilder still running?

Also, the schedules. For some reason, in '13, it seemed like the Game of the Week never changed. Every year, Notre Dame would play like 4 GoTW, even in years where they weren't ranked? And games between highly ranked opponents wouldn't be consiered high profile. Is that still an issue?

Also, what are the major changes they made to recruiting?

If you respond, thanks alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thinking of Getting Back in the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I just had a few questions. In NCAA 13, there were a few glitches in Dynasty that used to bug me and I wanted to know if they were still in the game.

There seemed to be an issue with Television Exposure, Program Tradition, and Coach Prestige grades. Are those elements still in NCAA 14?

Also, the schedules. For some reason, in '13, it seemed like the Game of the Week never changed. Every year, Notre Dame would play like 4 GoTW, even in years where they weren't ranked? And games between highly ranked opponents wouldn't be consiered high profile. Is that still an issue?

Question 1: No, it has always worked for me at least.

Question 2: I honestly don't know it had been down for a couple days and I heard it wasn't supposed to continue but I just logged on and it was working fine.

Question 3: No, in my latest dynasties there have been maybe 1 or 2 games like that but most of the time it's not.

Question 4: They completely changed it. No more phone calls, you just apply points to recruits and then leave. It makes it quicker but a little harder.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
Question 1: No, it has always worked for me at least.

Question 2: I honestly don't know it had been down for a couple days and I heard it wasn't supposed to continue but I just logged on and it was working fine.

Question 3: No, in my latest dynasties there have been maybe 1 or 2 games like that but most of the time it's not.

Question 4: They completely changed it. No more phone calls, you just apply points to recruits and then leave. It makes it quicker but a little harder.
Good to know. I might have to get a PS3 back then...
Old 02-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl

I can tell you that yes the GoTW is broken at least in my dynasty. It seems only SEC Conf games get GoTW no matter who the teams are. An example was recently I was #1 USC vs #3 UCLA and the GoTW was #23 Auburn vs #19 LSU.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Coach Stability rating for user team is fixed now. I think it was in '13 that Coach Stability used to be stuck at "D" forever.

Recruiting overhaul is a big upgrade imo. I really like the points system as opposed to the phone calls.

Biggest change though is the (new) Infinity Engine. Lots more animations and interactions for players, and it reminds me of rag doll physics. They didn't quite implement true gang tackling, but at least now there are some animations that give a 2 or 3 player gang tackling appearance, and that's better than it's ever been in the NCAA series. But assisted tackle and half-sack stats don't track correctly.

Ultimately '14 is a nice upgrade to end the series and worthy of your consideration.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »