Home

Which platform?

This is a discussion on Which platform? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Which platform?

I have ps2 and xbox. Am I a fool to not get the xbox version? I like the ps2 controller a lot better for sports games... The xbox live enhancements make me think its worth getting the xbox version though and I probably will. Is it really just a marketing ploy and is the same online as ps2 though? Or are there actual advantages to the xbox online play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Which platform?

I bought it for the XBox and while I can't say I regret it, because I don't, some folks are saying that the game plays a little smoother on the PS2 (it's native machine). If you enjoy the PS2 pad and don't have a lot of friends on XBL, then I'd consider each one equal. After that it's kinda a gut decision.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Im also worried about slowdown and lag on the xbox online.. The ps2 version last year had none for me. Its new to the xbox so Im worried ea will mess it up at first. Am I right thinking this? What if any advantages does the xbox version have online?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I don't think that XBL has any advantages per say over the PS2 online unless you have a bunch of friends who also use XBL. The game is slightly slower some say on XBL, but I'm hoping it is an EA server issue and it can be tweaked. That said, the XBox has sharper graphics, better load times, etc. while the PS2 may be the "safer" bet. Like I said, ask around some more and make a gut decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »