Home

Couldn't take XBOX slow-down, traded in for PS2 version..better

This is a discussion on Couldn't take XBOX slow-down, traded in for PS2 version..better within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Couldn\'t take XBOX slow-down, traded in for PS2 version..better

Yes, I ended up spending $75.00 for NCAA 2005, but I love the game and it's the only college game in town. I tried adjusting settings, turning off HFA, everything i read inthe forums, but still got un-believable slow-down. I did get one game (a night game, they seem to have less slow-down for some reason) and it was great (although I had HFA turned off). I'm really dissapointed in EA for letting this game get out the door with such a huge BUG. Anyhoo, I got the PS2 version and it runs smooth as butter, no slow-down at all!! The only thing that sucks, is the play-calling screen shakes like a mutha****a!! WHY?? And of course, the graphics aren't as sharp, but the gameplay is most important, and it is soooo much better on PS2!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Couldn\'t take XBOX slow-down, traded in for PS2 version..better

I have heard ppl say the playscreen shakes but i've NEVER seen it shake so I don't understand why some ppl have that and others don't. But yeah I own both versions and I agree with what you're saying, I don't understand how EA can make it as if XBox is some chump system and Ps2 is so much better but it seems that's how it is for this game.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

The first couple of days had alot of slowdown for me on XBOX. Now it is very smooth. I believe EA beefed things up. There was a message about it...
Old 07-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

They didn't change your game, the message was about stablilizing the servers, which aren't all that stable still.

The slowdown is very much alive on Xbox versions, you have probably just gotten use to it. Go play a PS2 version and you will be blown away by the difference. Especially online, that is where I have the biggest grief as it punishes those that try and pass or run up the middle with slowdown. You can throw the bomb just fine.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

True true, I haven't even played on-line. I could tolerate some slow-down playing on-line, but NOT playing off-line!! I really tried to make it work, I would've even sacrified HFA & Dolby Digital if it would have cured the slow-down, but no such luck, No biggie, gave me an excuse to dust off the PS2. Can't wait to pick up ESPN for the XBOX 2-day!! Happy gaming dudes!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

ODogg said:
I have heard ppl say the playscreen shakes but i've NEVER seen it shake so I don't understand why some ppl have that and others don't. But yeah I own both versions and I agree with what you're saying, I don't understand how EA can make it as if XBox is some chump system and Ps2 is so much better but it seems that's how it is for this game.

Dude the screen definately shakes. This is one of the coolest part of the new game imo and is part of the homefield advantage thing. It must be a setting on your tv or something. I have a Sony Wega and the ps2 version and I see this all the time..
Old 07-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #7
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Quote:

kbuckley said:
Yes, I ended up spending $75.00 for NCAA 2005, but I love the game and it's the only college game in town. I tried adjusting settings, turning off HFA, everything i read inthe forums, but still got un-believable slow-down. I did get one game (a night game, they seem to have less slow-down for some reason) and it was great (although I had HFA turned off). I'm really dissapointed in EA for letting this game get out the door with such a huge BUG. Anyhoo, I got the PS2 version and it runs smooth as butter, no slow-down at all!! The only thing that sucks, is the play-calling screen shakes like a mutha****a!! WHY?? And of course, the graphics aren't as sharp, but the gameplay is most important, and it is soooo much better on PS2!!!

I have yet to experience ANY slowdown on my xbox, though I don't play online so I could care less if it happens there. Maybe part of it is the older model xbox, maybe it's a combination of a lot of things, but whatever it is, I don't have it. I haven't seen the PS2 version, but that's because I couldn't take the small amount of memory, outdated processor, lack of a built-in network drive, and lack of a hard drive.

Glad to hear the PS2 version doesn't have any of the same problems, my brother has been thinking about NCAA and doesn't own an xbox.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I traded my original copy in and the other copy I got back still has slowdown, I'm going to try one more time, if it doesn't work, I'm going to call sony and see if they'll fix my ps2 for free..unless EA will make a fixed version of the game (doubtful)..

It seems everyone with the halo xbox's..their gaqmes run perfectly fine, man am I dumb for not spending the extra 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »