Home

In the older versions, what are "Conference Invites" and how do they work?

This is a discussion on In the older versions, what are "Conference Invites" and how do they work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
In the older versions, what are "Conference Invites" and how do they work?

So I was feeling a little nostalgic and wanted to run a dynasty with Wyoming on NCAA 11.

Since I've been reading up on the interests about certain features, but I keep seeing conference invites frequently referenced but never explained?

So I have a few questions.

* How do you get one? How long does it take?

* Can I with Wyoming end up in the SEC if I wanted to?

* If you join a conference, does another team have to be taken out?

* Can you be kicked out of a conference?

* Can they happen to other, automated teams? If so, What's the weirdest conference you've seen created by the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

Re: In the older versions, what are "Conference Invites" and how do they work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopHammerTime69
I haven't played older gen in a while, but I assume you have to go to a couple BCS games, have good recruiting classes, finish in top 25, and have a certain amount of wins for a few years.

Quote:
No, I believe it is geographical. My memory is fuzzy, but I do recall playing as Tulsa, and getting an invite to the Big 12 and replacing Iowa State. So Iowa State was relegated down to C-USA.

Quote:
Yes. Whatever team you replace will take your spot in your previous conference.

Quote:
Not that I remember. If you can, I think you'd have to create a new coach with a different team, and build that team up.

Quote:
* Can they happen to other, automated teams? If so, What's the weirdest conference you've seen created by the game?
I do not believe the CPU can do this. But my weirdest one I can remember was when I was Northern Illinois and I replaced Purdue in the B1G. That would never happen in real life, but it was cool too see back in the day. Actually having to play your way into a conference compared to if you just swap them in today's game. Although, people have created their own rules on NCAA 14 for putting teams in conferences which is awesome.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
So I was feeling a little nostalgic and wanted to run a dynasty with Wyoming on NCAA 11.

Since I've been reading up on the interests about certain features, but I keep seeing conference invites frequently referenced but never explained?

So I have a few questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try to answer you questions the best I can as it has been a few years....

How do you get one/how long does it take?

Any team can get an invite to a Power 5 conference (how I don't ever remember if once you are in a power 5 conference getting a invite to leave for another power 5 conference). The biggest thing you can do is win and win lots of games. Basically winning 10-13 games a year and even getting invited and winning BCS bowl games. The amount of time it will take to get invite honestly just depends and was very random. My biggest suggestion would be to play all of your Non-conference games against teams in the Power 5 conference that you want to be invited to as I believe that does help, and ensure you are winning those games. As you win games all of your other school prestige rankings go up and that also will help get an invite.

Wyoming to SEC?
I'm fairly confident they do not care about geographic location with these invites, and as long as you schedule SEC non-conference games and do the above (win win win) it should help.

If you join does another team get kicked out?
Yes at least to my recollection, if Wyoming gets invited to SEC it will kick out the worst team and move them to the Mountain West to replace Wyoming's spot I believe. This prevents conferences from having odd #s of teams in divisions and scheduling issues.

Can you be kicked out of a conference?
No not that I'm aware of. Usually once I've joined I was always getting 6+ wins per year. If this was possible I would assume you'd have to be really bad like winning 0 games per year for multiple years and at that point you might get fired anyway.

Can CPU controlled teams be invited?
This one I can honestly not remember if it's possible or not. I want to say no as their usually aren't any non Power 5 teams that stay dominant long enough to get invited, but I feel like this is only for Human controlled teams. Of course if you took Wyoming to the SEC and left for another job they would still stay in the SEC.

I hope this at least gives you some insight into this feature on the older games. I will say that just because you play only SEC teams doesn't guarantee a SEC invite, you may very well get invited to the Pac12 or Big 12. I just always remember it helping if you played teams in the conference you wanted an invitation to.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't have an older version of NCAA to test this with, but now that I think about it...

I do believe CPU controlled teams can get invited to Big 5 conferences, but you are prompted of the invited and you have to chose to either accept or decline it, which helps prevent weird things like Eastern Carolina going to the Pac-12.

Also when you get invited (does it kick another team out)? I still stand firm with my yes answer, but to add to this I believe when you are given the invitation I seem to recall it also shows you who you are switching places with...
Old 12-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
Rookie

On NCAA 08, I coached Northern Illinois and i got invited to join the big 10 and replace Northwestern. I had just had my 5th straight conference title and 10 win season, made my third BCS game with wins in all of them. It was also in my 21st overall season at NIU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

In NCAA '11, I was able to get Tulane to the SEC without going to a BCS game, so I don't think that's a necessary criteria. Here are my seasons leading up to the invite:

Overall Record: 4-8
Conference USA Record: 3-5
Conference USA Rank: 5th in Conference USA West Division, 10th overall
Preseason National Rank: 115th
Final National Rank: Unranked
Bowl Game: No Bowl
Team Overall: D+
Team Offense: C-
Team Defense: C-
Special Teams: C
Average Attendance: 14,858

Overall Record: 8-5
Conference USA Record: 4-4
Conference USA Rank: 3rd in Conference USA West Division, 8th overall
Preseason National Rank: 99th
Final National Rank: Unranked
Bowl Game: Lost 25-17 to Georgia Tech in Champs Sports Bowl
Team Overall: C-
Team Defense: C
Special Teams: B-
Average Attendance: 20,456

Overall Record: 12-2
Conference USA Record: 9-0
Conference USA Rank: 1st in Conference USA West Division, 1st overall
Preseason National Rank: 59th
Final National Rank: 16th
Bowl Game: Defeated Kentucky 52-46 (2OT) in Liberty Bowl
Team Overall: C
Team Offense: C
Special Teams: B
Average Attendance: 36,555

Overall Record: 10-4
Conference USA Record: 7-2
Conference USA Rank: 1st in Conference USA West Division, 1st overall
Preseason National Rank: 40th
Final National Rank: 20th
Bowl Game: Defeated Louisiana Monroe 55-7 in Liberty Bowl
Team Overall: C-
Special Teams: C-
Average Attendance: 26,638

I think it is just a matter of being ranked in the top 25 a few times, having multiple winning seasons, and also having a team in your desired conference be terrible. In my dynasty, Mississippi State was horrible in the SEC and became a 1-star team about 3 seasons in. That's who Tulane ended up replacing.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 12-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Jakesnakegzilla's Arena

I play NCAA Football 06. In Dynasty, I added my created team, Florida Tech, into Conference USA(back when it was called that). I edited the Head Coach to be in my likeness, and we went 5-7(We are a Academic-Grade school, best players are 65 Overall).

I was informed at the season end that we were kicked from the conference. I also would like to know why this happened.

I can't imagine that it was because we were a weak school, because I also added Florida A&M, which went 1-11 and stayed in the conference/
Old 12-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #8
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

In order to get an invite to a conference, not only do you have to be really good for several seasons, but the conference has to have a team that has struggled over those several seasons.

A team from a lower prestige conference could be invited to the Power Conference (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, PAC-10, Big XII, Big East) and the Power Conference team would be relegated to the lower prestige conference. The odd thing was an independent team would only be invited to the lower prestige conferences.

I remember in NCAA 06 (I think?) when independent Navy was invited to C-USA one season, and then the next season, Notre Dame was invited to the MAC to replace Akron.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »