Home

Icing the Kicker

This is a discussion on Icing the Kicker within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icing the Kicker

I seem to remember reading something before the game came out about how you could ice the kicker in this year's version by calling a TO before the kick that would affect their composure. I haven't been in a GW FG situation yet where I could test this out, so I'm wondering if anyone else has done or seen this yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Icing the Kicker

well, I know the computer hasn't done it to me. I have won 2 games with last minute FGs, and I know one of them was in an opponent's stadium. They didn't try to ace me. Haven't gotten a chance to ice them yet.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
Rookie

I have done it against the computer. Can't remember the teams or the stadium, but I know it was right before halftime and it was a fairly close game. The CPU's kicker was a freshman, and I called three timeouts in a row. He missed a 30-yarder or so, wide right. Whether my timeout's affected him or not, I don't know.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I have a feeling that you can't really do this. Only because when your opponent calls a TO, you get to choose to compose your players as well.

My friend tried to 'ice' my kicker by calling timeouts on me. I just chose 'backfield' and my kicker actually increased in composure with the TO's. Now maybe he was already a high composure guy, I don't remember. More testing is needed.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

Jistic said:
I have a feeling that you can't really do this. Only because when your opponent calls a TO, you get to choose to compose your players as well.

My friend tried to 'ice' my kicker by calling timeouts on me. I just chose 'backfield' and my kicker actually increased in composure with the TO's. Now maybe he was already a high composure guy, I don't remember. More testing is needed.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna try one of the Pontiac Classics that involve kicking a late game FG to win or tie it (ex. 2003 Fiesta Bowl). I'll post later with results. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quack1's Arena

Didn't work for me.

I play in the #5 toughest stadium (Oregon) and I called two TOs in a row and my crowd was going nuts and.....and.....Arizona's kicker hit on with 8 seconds left, but.....holding on the kicking team....next try 10 yards longer....he still hit it to win it.

DAMN!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Quack1 said:
Didn't work for me.

I play in the #5 toughest stadium (Oregon) and I called two TOs in a row and my crowd was going nuts and.....and.....Arizona's kicker hit on with 8 seconds left, but.....holding on the kicking team....next try 10 yards longer....he still hit it to win it.

DAMN!!!

Did you check the match-up stick to see whether or not it affected his composure rating?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

It has worked for me. It was a Freshman kicker though. I don't think it's something that will work every time even on a weenie Freshman but it does work. I did matchup stick on him and he had 0 composure and a bit of red in the skill bar. Called a timeout and he came back with 0 composure and nearly all read on the skill bar. It still doesn't mean he will miss it for sure but it did get him rattled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »