Home

Help with DC dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Help with DC dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help with DC dynasty mode

Hey guys,

I decided to start a new dynasty with the rosters as a defensive coordinator. I am having major issues getting torched though. I have the quarters on 5 min and I am using J-kits sliders.

I am giving up about 35 points a game! Mainly because my offensive literally has 30 sec drives and then punt the ball. I spend the entire game on the field.

any suggestions? I dont think i will ever get a head coach job like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Rookie

McFaddenD2's Arena

Re: Help with DC dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
Hey guys,

I decided to start a new dynasty with the rosters as a defensive coordinator. I am having major issues getting torched though. I have the quarters on 5 min and I am using J-kits sliders.

I am giving up about 35 points a game! Mainly because my offensive literally has 30 sec drives and then punt the ball. I spend the entire game on the field.

any suggestions? I dont think i will ever get a head coach job like this.

I will say it’s pretty tough. Took me 4 seasons to get a HC job. Just gotta recruit good players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

The sim engine is definitely geared toward getting you back on the field. If you're an OC, you get a dominant defense or one that gives up quick scores to get you back on the field. This benefits OC guys, kills DC guys.

A few suggestions: make sure you really vary your play calls. Change it up between man and zone, blitzes, etc. Use the "guess play" feature too, especially if it's 3rd and long (guess pass...obviously lol). Try to play to your guy's strengths in the secondary particularly. If they're slow, use more zone.

If all else fails, and even recruiting can't save you, maybe lower the difficulty or play on default sliders until you get an HC spot, then go back to JKit's and heisman or whatever you usually use

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Are you just doing the text sim until you're on the field? I'd go with a more normal quarter length (8 or 9) and just do "Watch Play" for your offense. It'll normalize and even things out.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Its tough in your first few years because you don't have all of the coach perks unless you start your coach rated higher. The more perks you earn, the better your defense will perform. you'll always lose a lot of games too because the sim offense can't score, just give it time and it'll become too easy almost...when you take the head job, zero out the coach skill trees or you'll dominate in year 1 as well...I play with only the recruiting tree filled out...the rest are zeroes and its a good balance of challenging games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »