Home

Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

This is a discussion on Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2019, 10:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

Years ago, I felt like I saw this subject broached but I can't find it and don't remember if there was ever an answer or even a general consensus.

Why is it that you lose bonus points with certain prospects when you offer them a scholarship? From a real life logical sense, who would be offended from a scholarship offer, right? lol

From a game perspective, after the offer is made, do you suppose that the recruits become privy to depth chart (or other) information that they weren't privy to prior to the offer, and don't like what they all of a sudden see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Years ago, I felt like I saw this subject broached but I can't find it and don't remember if there was ever an answer or even a general consensus.

Why is it that you lose bonus points with certain prospects when you offer them a scholarship? From a real life logical sense, who would be offended from a scholarship offer, right? lol

From a game perspective, after the offer is made, do you suppose that the recruits become privy to depth chart (or other) information that they weren't privy to prior to the offer, and don't like what they all of a sudden see?
If playing time is one of the top 3 for a prospect, you might potentially lose bonus points if you make an offer to a similar or higher rated recruit as the same position.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
If playing time is one of the top 3 for a prospect, you might potentially lose bonus points if you make an offer to a similar or higher rated recruit as the same position.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
In Week 1 of my current season, I offered to my top 4 - MLB, TE, CB, FB. Two of the four lost bonus points, so I havent made any other offers. I wonder if it's depth chart related.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Interesting. What are their pitches? It could be playing style and unrelated to scholarship offers. So if your yards receiving for TE dipped and when from an A to a C+, that would lower bonus points.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Interesting. What are their pitches? It could be playing style and unrelated to scholarship offers. So if your yards receiving for TE dipped and when from an A to a C+, that would lower bonus points.
It happens when you make the offer though, at the exact same moment. You can see it happen under the amount of points that you give them each week in grey lettering; it will say, for example, "+350 BONUS", but then when you offer the number goes down at the exact same time. It doesn't go down a lot, but it just makes me wonder if it is inevitable, or if you wouldn't take the hit if you were to offer a weeks down the road like the CPU often does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

I wonder if the game slots in the recruit as part of the team with regard to depth chart and playing time when you offer the scholarship and they evaluates against players and offered recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
It happens when you make the offer though, at the exact same moment. You can see it happen under the amount of points that you give them each week in grey lettering; it will say, for example, "+350 BONUS", but then when you offer the number goes down at the exact same time. It doesn't go down a lot, but it just makes me wonder if it is inevitable, or if you wouldn't take the hit if you were to offer a weeks down the road like the CPU often does.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
I wonder if the game slots in the recruit as part of the team with regard to depth chart and playing time when you offer the scholarship and they evaluates against players and offered recruits.
Exactly. I'm starting to think that, upon receiving the offer, the recruit is measured against players already on your roster at the given position. For both of the guys that I lost points with, Playing Time was a top 3, but both ratings were really good, with one being an A and the other an A+. I checked the depth chart, and they would be number 2 at their positions, and would start the following year, if they were to sign. And I think that is why I only lost 30-40 bonus points. I feel like in the past that I've lost a lot more upon offering. I'm going to really keep an eye on it in the forthcoming seasons.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #8
Pro

It's "Playing Time" being in the Top 3 interests. The amount you lose depends on how bad the situation is in the recruits eyes. I haven't scene a recruit lose bonus points that PT wasn't in their Top 3. Makes sense of why some CPU teams hold off on offering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »