Home

EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation College Football - Here's What We Know So Far...

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation College Football - Here's What We Know So Far... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2021, 12:56 AM   #481
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaheat99
I am still ticked off with Ed O'bannon...

That's akin to being ticked off with Marvin Miller or Martin Luther King.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #482
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
That's akin to being ticked off with Marvin Miller or Martin Luther King.
This game will be better because of Ed.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 PM   #483
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
This game will be better because of Ed.
Right, it'll be more "authentic" and true to the real life athletes than ever before.

What EA, 2k & any other publisher were doing was taking advantage of individuals likness without their consent.

That was neither good or legal, so it is a great thing that O'Bannon won.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 11-29-2021, 08:52 PM   #484
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Right, it'll be more "authentic" and true to the real life athletes than ever before.

What EA, 2k & any other publisher were doing was taking advantage of individuals likness without their consent.

That was neither good or legal, so it is a great thing that O'Bannon won.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
I never blamed O'Bannon or the others. It wasn't like EA was coy about how they approach it. Rosters basically resembled real life going as a close as real home town for players. Only thing that was missing was name and players pics. It's one thing to blame Roster Share, but the default roster should have just been randomized. The O'Bannon case was a factor, but NCAA Basketball would have continued if it sold better.

Don't mind waiting until 2023, just want a good game. Didn't care for how they streamlined NCAA 14. This is the type of game like Madden or NBA 2k where you can get away with streamlining the modes. If you don't like Madden, chances are you won't like the College Football version. For it to be successful, Dynasty and Road to Glory can't just be streamlined.

All the real life Coach Carousel and realignment has me excited for the return of college football game
Old 11-30-2021, 12:20 PM   #485
Rookie

OVR: 0

I’d like to know how much money they plan on playing players. Will there be players that don’t participate? Will Bryce Young turn it down because they didn’t offer him $10,000? Who replaces him, a generic player? Will the price of the game go up because they have to pay these guys now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #486
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
I’d like to know how much money they plan on playing players. Will there be players that don’t participate? Will Bryce Young turn it down because they didn’t offer him $10,000? Who replaces him, a generic player? Will the price of the game go up because they have to pay these guys now?
I wonder how many guys they would need to pay? Would sales be hurt much if Sun Belt 2nd stringers aren't in the game? I would go a step further and guess that EA could license the top 100...ish players and that would be enough for most gamers. For the rest of the players, they can sign up to be in the game for free (or perhaps a copy of the game), if not EA will use a generic.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #487
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I wonder how many guys they would need to pay? Would sales be hurt much if Sun Belt 2nd stringers aren't in the game? I would go a step further and guess that EA could license the top 100...ish players and that would be enough for most gamers. For the rest of the players, they can sign up to be in the game for free (or perhaps a copy of the game), if not EA will use a generic.
Yea EA will not want to take the time to negotiate a deal with every player that's just not realistic. So doing what you said makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:45 PM   #488
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea EA will not want to take the time to negotiate a deal with every player that's just not realistic. So doing what you said makes a lot of sense.
That's why the group licensing thing was key for the NIL bill. That would be the best and most feasible option. That way the student athletes could all sign for one entity and have that entity negotiate on behalf of all of them making it a quicker process

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »