Home

Changing the direction of the run....

This is a discussion on Changing the direction of the run.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Changing the direction of the run....

Is there anyway to change the way the RB goes without changing the formation?

For Example If I call an I formation blast to the right(strong side) is there a way to change the RB to blast left(weakside) without changing the formation at the line of scrimmage. I lost the manual, but I see that you can do this in madden by hitting the right analog stick.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Kaylos's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Changing the direction of the run....

Use the hot route button, and then tap left or right on the d-pad or joystick to flip the direction you want to go. However, it does not work on a few runs and some runs its not very effective to flip even if the defense guessed the direction you are going.

Where I am having problems is getting zone read runs to work. I am thinking maybe my linemen are not good enough, too big and slow, or maybe too low on awareness. It just seems that too many times the line blocks him right into my runneras he is getting the handoff, and at other times, it seems there is too much penetration on the outside without a backside hole opening. Then when a small hole opens, the defensive lineman comes right off the blocker and tackles me. Not sure if it is me, my linemen, or if the play is just broken. Not sure, as the only time I have gotten it to work is with a great offensive line and great big tackle breaking back. When it did work, it got some good gains. It just seems like too good a play to neglect, but doesn't work without great linemen.

Last edited by Kaylos; 10-19-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylos
Use the hot route button, and then tap left or right on the d-pad or joystick to flip the direction you want to go. However, it does not work on a few runs and some runs its not very effective to flip even if the defense guessed the direction you are going.
I have the PS2, what button is the hot route button?

Thanks again
Old 10-19-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

Kaylos's Arena

not sure, got an X-box, but it is probably the top button of the four on the face of your controller. But do not quote me on that.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

triangle. Then you press the button of the running back (usually X) and then the direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
Rookie

I dont press the button of the RB. For PS2 I think it is just triangle then either right or left.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #7
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

ya, I just press hot route (triangle) then left or right to flip the direction of the run.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Quack1's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, just press triangle and then left or right, but sometimes I have to do more than once. Kinda strange and it's not cuz of HFA. It does this at home too. I'll even do it when I line up in shotgun/singleback with the speed option play called. I'll change direction of the option with the HB starting behind my QB. Sometimes this works better then the regular play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »