Home

NCAA 2004 is still the best

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 is still the best within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NCAA 2004 is still the best

Take NCAA 2004, NCAA 2005, Madden 2004, Madden 2005 and throw them all together............NCAA 2004 is still the best.

NCAA 2005 is too slow with only being able to call audibles at the line, the drops, and the HFA is too predominant.

Madden 2005 is better looking, but the control is limited and the gameplay is too fast.

NCAA 2004 is the best of the bunch. EA needs to take 2004 and revamp it for 2006 OR take NCAA 2005 and try to push it back to NCAA 2004 and tweak the additions for next year.

I think the Hit Stick is kind of lame....i would rather have no control over this and see the ray Lewis's automatically do it, instead of a lame-O player being able to clothesline tackle and demolish people.

at least the 2005 series is better as far as field goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

Re: NCAA 2004 is still the best

1000% agree. NCAA 2004 is just more fun, more wide open and a much more entertaining game. The pass coverage in both Madden and NCAA 05 is just way too tight (the zones that is). I traded in NCAA 04 but am thinking of buying it again and selling my Madden and NCAA 05.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

NCAA 2005 is better than 2004. I didn't think that when I first got it, in fact I kinda hated it, but after extensive play now the defense is not as dominant as it was since i'm learning the playbooks and what works/what doesn't on offense. Now I find a much greater variety of games and scoring, something that didnt' happen as often in 2004. Yes it's true 2004 was alot easier on offense and higher scoring so maybe that's the reason some like it better, but as a guy who appreciates defense I think 2005 is clearly superior.

Oh and on a sidenote, HFA is great, I don't understand ppl beefing on it, it's a huge part of real collegiate football and 2004 is completely missing it. I think people that dislike it and say it's unfair are completely missing the point..it's supposed to be unfair. That's the nature of homefield in NCAA football.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-21-2004, 01:05 AM   #4
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

I would like NCAA 2005 best IF the CPU could play consistently on offense. With sliders I've been able to fix the CPU's running game, but it is WAY too easy to hold the CPU's QB to a below 50% completion rate. That's my only complaint with 2005.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpac
I would like NCAA 2005 best IF the CPU could play consistently on offense. With sliders I've been able to fix the CPU's running game, but it is WAY too easy to hold the CPU's QB to a below 50% completion rate. That's my only complaint with 2005.
I agree with this too. It's a great game, it's just that once you figure out how to exploit the defense by running the ball and passing the ball you end up with scores like 38-7 or 42-10. The most points scored against me was 28 and that was because the team that faced me had by far the best offense in the game ... and even then the QB had a sub 40% completion rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
NCAA 2005 is better than 2004. I didn't think that when I first got it, in fact I kinda hated it, but after extensive play now the defense is not as dominant as it was since i'm learning the playbooks and what works/what doesn't on offense. Now I find a much greater variety of games and scoring, something that didnt' happen as often in 2004. Yes it's true 2004 was alot easier on offense and higher scoring so maybe that's the reason some like it better, but as a guy who appreciates defense I think 2005 is clearly superior.

Oh and on a sidenote, HFA is great, I don't understand ppl beefing on it, it's a huge part of real collegiate football and 2004 is completely missing it. I think people that dislike it and say it's unfair are completely missing the point..it's supposed to be unfair. That's the nature of homefield in NCAA football.
Regarding HFA, I agree w/ u some what. HFA is TOO much, Its over done in the game. Yes its unfair & yes it should be but not as much as it is in the game this year.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant718
Regarding HFA, I agree w/ u some what. HFA is TOO much, Its over done in the game. Yes its unfair & yes it should be but not as much as it is in the game this year.
actually the only issue i really have with HFA is it seems my young un's get too scared and play poor at home. sure i understand that sophmores get scared playing in front of big crowds but i think they should be a bit more comfortable at home as that's kinda the point of HFA is home is where its alot easier. less peeing the pants and more standing up str8 fellas!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #8
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpac
Same here. That and HFA and discipline are way overdone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »