Home

NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #9
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

My wish is that EA Sports fixes what is broken before diving into new features:

-Fix HFA
-Fix the crazy level of suspended players or at least let us disable the suspension stuff all together.
-Fix the crazy-high simulated scores
-Fix the CPU QB Accuracy--make the CPU throw more short passes in a game rather than 15-20 yarders every down.
-Fix the Xbox issues
-Fix the dropped passes to wide open receivers but don't go so far the other way that EVERYTHING is caught. Strike a balance.
-Fix the super leaping DBs that swat balls away like they're volleyball stars
-Give us team specific playbooks
-Fix the silly tipped balls in the secondary; it looks like a game of hot potato

Feature wishes:

-I'd still like some form of accelerated clock so that we can play 15 min quarters

-Blocked kicks

-NEW AUDIO. A 4 year recycle is enough methinks.

-Wider variety of penalties. Defensive holding, personal fouls, CPU delay of game..this needs to be added.

-Agree with the optional BCS. Give us the chance to play a playoff if we want. 4, 8, or 16 teams.

-Online play to allow Dynasty play. I'd LOVE to recruit against a human being. Maybe a pipe dream but this would make the game a blast online.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 11-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #10
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

In no particular order:

-music system similar to Sega's Arena music (with custom soundtrack)
-better playbooks... Ohio State did not have an off-tackle running play.
-More recruiting info (top 3 schools doesnt make sense half the time, because I've seen countless times they sign with somebody that wasnt in their top 3).
-fix trick plays, I rarely see the CPU or myself really pull of a HB-Pass, and even worse are the reverses.
-possibly on downloadable content, make rosters available for free.
-Improve HFA.
-Dynamic ratings: in-game, if my WRs drop 4 passes, suddenly my 90 overall QB's accuracy went from 93 to 79, almost forcing me to put in my 67 overall FR backup.
-Take out the bug where the ATH you recruit is a 93 overall DE in his FR year.
-Mini camp like Madden's system (works almost perfect)
-new commentary, I can hear many lines from NCAA 2003, and it is just really old.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Completing a 40 yard pass into triple coverage isn't much tougher that hitting a wide open receiver 3 yards down field. Fix this.

It would be cool to be able to bring dynasty's, trophies and user profiles from last years game into the new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #12
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

-Bad snaps (Over punters head, etc.)

-Make it possible to block FG's and Punts

-Completely change the playbooks. There shouldn't just be 2 dives, a counter, a sweep, and options. Make the running plays more varied, like adding Off tackle runs, more counters, more traps, etc. Take a page from ESPN's playbooks.

-Fix the DB AI. It is impossible to burn a DB in one-on-one coverage. Don't give the DB's the ability to always catch up with the receiver. Also, take away the DB's jumping 15 ft. into the air.
Cincinnati Bearcats

Old 11-27-2004, 02:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I recommend in-season recruiting, and the ability to hire position coaches. I think it will add more to the game.
Also more realistic kicks. I've never seen a field goal kicked at a 45 degree angle before, that's why it's nearly impossible to block them. They should start lower to the ground then getting higher like in real life.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:11 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

-Fix the coverages. Speed and reading a play are one thing, but there is no way that a corner and safety are going to make the correct read 100% of the time. I mean, you might be able to get past the corner because he drops into zone and doesn't follow your wideout, but the safety is always there. While this year was an improvement (especially since throwing a deep pass in last years game was an automatic pick by the safety), focus on reading the play, not computer cheating.

-Blown special teams. You never see a blocked field goal, extra point, or punt. These are huge nuances in the college game. It is a big momentum shift as well. Fix it so people can actually block or chip the kick.

-More realistic commentary. I agree with you guys. It's time for new lines all across the board.

-Year round recruiting, spring practice, and annual offense/defense games. Play off of the preseason options. These things are storied too.

-More realistic playbooks. Not enough diversity in passing plays and running plays. Norm Chow's offensive schemes are the same as the guy from UCF. Not good.

-Better presentation. Sorry, but with ESPN doing its thing this past year, it's time to make the game look better and more crisp.

-More realistic HFA. Sorry kids, Michigan Stadium isn't louder that Spartan Stadium based on stadium structure. Also, make it so not every single underclassmen becomes shaken up at an away game.

-Bowl games change year to year time. I can't stand the fact that when you place the Rose Bowl when it is the NC game, it's played during the day. FIX THIS!

-Better celebrations. Go all out for things like beating your rival and winning the championships. Hell...TEAR DOWN THE GOAL POSTS.

-More updated player system. Some guys who are great in college like Jason White are not going to be NFL calibre players, but if I import him to my Madden draft class, he's one of the elite QB's on the board. FIX THIS~!
Old 11-27-2004, 03:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

- First, gotta have the option for a playoff, also if there is, make sure there's an SI spot that posts projected playoff seedings and predictions.

- I like the idea of the hand warmer/towels on players. Just more things in general in the create a player feature.

- commentary definitely needs to be redone, time for some new lines

- Team entrances. Notre Dame's is good, the teams with the smoke are ok, but now it's time to get some more, maybe tennesee's or having teams like clemson actually run down the hill that would be awesome.

- Finally create a team needs to be added to. The first thing I would love to see is a stadium builder like on madden where you can pick everything from where the stands are to what kind of wall surronds the field. Also, add some more uniform types like miami, maryland, and definitely give us the option to put a team's name across the chest. Also, make it possible to have a created teams uniform feature the logos of nike, adidas, or any other company that gets put in (under armour maybe).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2004, 01:17 AM   #16
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1

College Football Gameday Show would put this game over the top! Please do this EA!!

As stated many times-add new commentary! The idea of different commentators is a good one.

Playoff system with bowl games would be great.

Another new feature that would really add to the game would be a NCAA Hall of Fame and a hall of honor for your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »