Home

NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #25
Rookie

Omerta's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

Everyone has pretty much stated the major flaws or additions, which EA should fix or add ...

But one thing, which really irritates me, is the export feature to Madden this year.

Case in point:

I am a Florida alum, but I like to play / use a middle of the road team, or a crappy team ... build them up into a national power. My first dynasty (before I finalized my rosters recently) I was playing with Bowling Green. Went 9-2, ranked 17th, and went to a bowl game.

Anyhow ... after the season I decided to see who was leaving / going pro / being put in the export-class (for all teams).

I found Antrel Rolle from Miami, Derrick Johnson from Texas, Braylon Edwards from Mich., Kyle Orton from Purdue, Darren Sproles from KSU ... just to name a few of the studs missing, did not get put into the export-class (all seniors mind you, all had solid seasons, all never missed a game, and all were never injured during the season).
Put the draft-class into Madden and those guys were not present ... B.S.
All the guys I mentioned are sure to be drafted ... some first-round, others lower rounds.

I started another dynasty ... no problems the second time.
I started another dynasty ... no problems the third time.
I started another dynasty ... export problem again, but with different sure-fire NFL prospects.

EA needs to address this problem.

PS4

XBox1

Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2k19, SW Battlefront II, Forza 7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

I dunno if I want to see mini-camps in NCAA 2006 :P I think they're pretty old in the Madden series, personally..

I'd want to see..

1) More options for jerseys in create-a-team.

2) MUCH larger name database. 'Borrow' College Hoops 2K5 database if you must , or better yet, just include first and last names of every single college football player out there from Div I to Div III, and why not include the NFL's names too. , you don't have to record every single name for commentary.. but at least there would be a lot more variety in names :P. I have three guys with the last name of Bertrand on my team

3) Better CPU ground game. It doesn't even need to abandon the ground game if down by 14 or so.

4) HFA was laid on a bit too thick.. improve it slightly. Like one poster said, not all freshmen are affected by opposing crowd. Maybe make HFA influence a new rating or something along those lines?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM   #27
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1

One more thing to add to my previous post.

Add the ablility to change the length of simulated games It is almost impossible to win defensive awards because the simulated games are played with 15 minute quarters. Does anyone else want to see this in the game??
Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

i hope in 06 they make sure that the jerseys are 100% accurate there are some simple things wrong with some teams jerseys

I hope they also put a practice mode feature in dynasty mode(offense vs defense).(seems like theyve been avoiding this forever. Or can you just export your dynasty team into practice mode?I think it would be great to be able to learn what your new recruits can do on the field even before its gametime. Does any one agree?
NBA:Washington Wizards
Old 12-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

1. The option to play in Division I-AA or create-a-conference since it might be easier to put in.

2. Playable practices in Dynasty Mode just like in Madden.

3. Year round recruiting.

4. A national high school All-American game featuring the nations top players.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:12 PM   #30
RMBGod

OVR:

complete and total control over customizing players and tehir info. thats includes hometowns, year, ect.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #31
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeweil
* The ability to edit uniforms for existing teams is a must!
Amen to that, when I play with Maryland I want to edit the uniforms to look like their Nike uniforms and not the Under Armour uniform they have now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #32
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

Things I would like to see (in no particular order):

(1) As many have said, I liked the HFA, but it was too over done. I liked someones idea of boosting the home team more than punishing the visiting team.

(2) Fix the DB AI and/or WR Catching. I could not handle the dropped passes anymore so I traded in the game. Even the CPU pass catching was a problem. I was tired of having ony 5 completed passes by both QB's (total of 5, not 5 each) in the first half of games.

(3) Make the CPU call a TO sometimes, not just the end of the half/game. I thought that with the HFA, if the crown is pumping, the CPU would sometimes be forced to take a TO.

(4) Get the SF Bowl stadium right. I'm pretty sure that instead of Pac Bell, the stadium was Safeco...

(5) Freshen up the commentary. I agree with everyone, it is getting a bit old...

(6) I like the idea of the accelerated clock. Even if it is accelerating the game clock, but keeping the play clock at normal speed.

(7) Fix the slowdown problem with the XBox. It was very annoying running the ball and having it slowdown....

NCAA is always one of my favorite games, but this years version was driving me insane. Hopefully they can fix some of the problems and improve upon the good things!
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »