Home

NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2004, 12:36 PM   #41
Rookie

Superman_TR's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

They should definitely put in year round recruiting.And they should put in the high school all-american game at the end of the season where you can get a live look at the best high school players in the nation playing each other, just like on ESPN college hoops. Also maybe some of the recruits would wait until the all-star game to announce what school they're going to just like in real life. What do you guys think? Great idea huh? It can definitely be done because sega has already did it with their college game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is what I would like to see in 2006's version

Fix the dbs superhuman attempts at the ball.

Keep the HFA but just fix it like how everyone else has suggested in boosting the defense a little and not crippling the offense.Also have the stadiums reflect their real life counter parts.

I would like to see the the lighting change in games like your playing a game that starts in the evening and it gradually becomes dark out and by the end it's completly dark.The samething for day games going into the late afternoon and late afternoon games going on into the evening sunset.You had this in 2004 and I thought it was kinda cool and missed it in 2005.Also could the clouds move throught the game it gets pretty boring when theres a shot of the sky and the clouds are stationed like a painting.Also have the shadows of the clouds move across the field from overhead.

Add some more on field detail as in with player wearing handwarmers or towels.Also when it rains really hard their should be puddles of water on some parts of the field and when it snows have some snow mounds on the sidelines.Could you guys by chance bring the stadium closer to the field because you feel like the player are midgets on the field.

Ill write some more stuff when I think of it
Old 12-20-2004, 03:17 PM   #43
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

(1) Move Practice mode from the game modes section to inside the dynasty. It would be nice to be able to practice once and see your new recruits without having to waste time doing it in a game.

(2) Stadium expansion or build a new stadium feature. When you build a never has been school into a powerhouse, it's not realistic to keep playing in a 30,000 seat dump. Give us the option to build a new 80,000+ stadium or dome. I can't believe that HFA was added last year without this feature being added as well. They go hand in hand. Plus, this feature could come in handy for the northern schools that play in bad wind or snow. Having problems with the weather? ...build a dome.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:55 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree that there should be a stadium upgrade feature as well as assistant coaches (defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, co-coordinators, QB coach, line coach, special teams, etc.)

I think the coolest way to do that is to have you to start out as a coordinator at a school and work your way up to coach. All the way along, you should be making a salary. Once you land a head coaching job, you can spend your money on stadium upgrades, jerseys, buy more recruiting points, and hire other coordinators. There could be a Coach account and a School account that could pay salaries and bowl games would fill the coffers for the school and bonuses and yearly salaries could go into the Coaching account. As coach, you should be able to fire your assistants and go after other assistants at other schools AND others schools should fire their coaches too so the whole system really works. Finally, each job offer should come with a salary figure to help you determine whether to go or stay and your school should be able to counter-offer. That's all for now. Let me know what you all think.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

One quick question: Are there any stadiums that can be unlocked in the 2005 version? I was hoping there were Bowl Sites that could be unlocked but I can't find any codes. Does anyone know about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #46
Rookie

fsufan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
My wish is the same one I have had every year since the psx version: Give us the option to end the season with a playoff instead of the bowls. In NCAA 2001 for the psx, there was a 24 team playoff that incorporated the bowl structure that was incredible and I would love to see that. There were 8 first round games with the top 8 getting a bye and then 8 more games, then 4, 2 and the championship.

I would love to have that option. It would be a blast for students and would be fun online as well. And you would still have the bowl structure option for purists.

I would also like to see some different plays and playbooks. There have not been many changes - other than a few new defensive sets, since the game came out on the PS2 for the first time in 2002.

And I would like to see more bowl game specific commentary.

And one bug I would like to see fixed or just remove the commentary. YOu are playing the NC game and give up a long run. Coach says: "Listen up. If they can't stop the run they are in big trouble. Maybe not here, but somewhere down the road." I can't tell you how many times over the past few years that this has been said in a bowl game or in a game where you are stopping the run and happen to give up one good one. In fact, a lot of the commentary is starting to get a little old and EA may need to get the guys in the studio for a little longer this year.
I agree with you. Also i would like to see more than just 2 announcers. Like during the bowl games, every bowl game your at the same 2 announcers are announcing and that gets annoying. So my wish is for them to get more annoncers.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:30 AM   #47
Rookie

dingles87's Arena

OVR: 2

like others have said, i would like to see year round recruiting like choops. i'd like to invite recruits to a big game.

let us edit a player's eligibility left. there's always a few guys that EA goofs up on, and I'm stuck with a player who is a JUCO in real life, but is a freshman in the game.

make the offseason coaching changes more like espn choops.

lastly, i'd like to be able to edit the head coaches a little more. there should me more options, a lot more options. i also wish that coaches were included in the roster file. that way when people make rosters, they could also name all the coaches and people could start dynaties with all the real coaches.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #48
Rookie

iromerliciousi's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to see more coaches as well. Like starting off as a offensive coordinator, defensive, wide receivers coach, defensive coach etc. and buiding your way up the ranks all the way to Athletic Director. I don't know why there aren't any modes like this in any game but I think it would be a great idea to add something like this onto the NCAA Football series. Year around recruiting would be nice as well, with the ability to keep recruiting players that are already committed to try to make them change their minds and go elsewhere. But with that I hope they make it for CPU teams not just human teams. How bout grade casualties? Greyshirts? and the ability to cheap ala Ohio St university (JK!!!)*

FIGHT ON!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »