Home

IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA?

This is a discussion on IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: IF..Sega makes a college game..would you buy it over NCAA?

I seriously doubt I would. At least not at first. All that sticks in my mind is Sega's last attempt at a college football game, which in my opinion was awful. Those games were nothing compared to any of the other football offerings. So that's all that sticks in my mind when thinking of Sega and college football. That and I have owned every EA college football game since Bill Walsh. I'm not stopping now.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 AM   #10
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
That and I have owned every EA college football game since Bill Walsh. I'm not stopping now.
and that my friends is why EA gets away with what they do in terms of customers and quality.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #11
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

No. I never liked Sega's sports games (ESPN NFL football is not the second coming people claim it is) and I enjoy NCAA 2005. I'm still playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #12
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

OVR: 6

it depends really because how much of a game can you get for $20...I mean come on. I am not a NCAA home boy,I like some things that ESPN brings but for 20 bucks i cant see how much of a game it brings but then again I cant see NCAA being worth 50 either ...awh crap so yeah I would buy both.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
and that my friends is why EA gets away with what they do in terms of customers and quality.
Which is fine with me. I actually like the games. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought them all. I still play NCAA 2005...a lot. I know most people on here don't enjoy it, but I do. I have yet to be disappointed.

I'm a fan of the Sega NFL games, but with the Sega college games I was very disappointed. So it would take me some convincing to actually buy them if they started again.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Sega isn't going to put together a college football game on par with EA's product within a year or two. It's just not happening.

With that being said, no, I surely wouldn't, because it would be a lower quality game, and EA sets the bar very high in college football.

I fail to make the connection between the obscurity that Sega "might" be developing a college football game, and the assumption that it's going to be good, based on the fact that they have nowhere near the experience, knowledge, and representation that EA does with their college football game.

Sega might release a college football game, but it's not going to be instantly good. Especially with EA's college football game being so good, and arguably the best football game released each year.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm sticking with NCAA on PS2. However I might consider Segas college game for XBox if it was $19.99. If it's $49.99 forget it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Sega isn't going to put together a college football game on par with EA's product within a year or two. It's just not happening.

With that being said, no, I surely wouldn't, because it would be a lower quality game, and EA sets the bar very high in college football.

I fail to make the connection between the obscurity that Sega "might" be developing a college football game, and the assumption that it's going to be good, based on the fact that they have nowhere near the experience, knowledge, and representation that EA does with their college football game.

Sega might release a college football game, but it's not going to be instantly good. Especially with EA's college football game being so good, and arguably the best football game released each year.
Are you serious? Rasing the bar?? With 05 they lowered the bar.. The readers & Mod/Admins at this site both agreed that 05 was a big let down.. Even won a dubious award for it here.. EA needs comp.. Thats the bottom line.. At this point VC can give me the College atmosphore (sp) & the NFL gameplay & I'll buy it for 50.00.. We need fresh air, man.. EA aint givin it to us..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »