Home

Idea for HFA next year

This is a discussion on Idea for HFA next year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Idea for HFA next year

here's a simple way to tone down hfa for next year

since we can't specifically script plays before we play (be that online or franchise), but we can set up our audibles, here's my way to fix hfa next year

if you call an audible that's in your preset (before the game starts) audible package, then you should have hand signals for these. if you call audibles at the play call screen, then you would have to do what we do now, since these are "in game" adjustments.

won't be able to change preset audibles until halftime. then repeat the process

i just thought this would be cool. the only thing i don't like about hfa is how unrealistic it is. backs not being able to hear a change of direction on a running play. at least this way, hfa will still have an advantage, just not as much. i know that i'd be doing fine if i could audible freely with my preset audibles

what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Idea for HFA next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwill13
here's a simple way to tone down hfa for next year

since we can't specifically script plays before we play (be that online or franchise), but we can set up our audibles, here's my way to fix hfa next year

if you call an audible that's in your preset (before the game starts) audible package, then you should have hand signals for these. if you call audibles at the play call screen, then you would have to do what we do now, since these are "in game" adjustments.

won't be able to change preset audibles until halftime. then repeat the process

i just thought this would be cool. the only thing i don't like about hfa is how unrealistic it is. backs not being able to hear a change of direction on a running play. at least this way, hfa will still have an advantage, just not as much. i know that i'd be doing fine if i could audible freely with my preset audibles

what do you guys think?
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm a little confused, though. So you'd have five audibles for which you could use hand signals (from the preset package)? From where would the non-hand signal audibles come?
Old 02-04-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm a little confused, though. So you'd have five audibles for which you could use hand signals (from the preset package)? From where would the non-hand signal audibles come?
know how you set your audibles at the play screen? those audibles would be ones that wouldn't have hand signals for both offense and defense
Old 02-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is a good idea. I'd also like to see a little more urgency on the part of the QB when the crowd is loud. Lets see him run over some to the WR for example and yell louder to get him the audible, not casually move over and do the audible again like it's no big deal when there is 5 seconds on the clock.

Also I think it's kinda stupid when you're in shotgun and you tell your RB a hot route and he can't hear you when he's like 2 feet from you. They should make proximity to the QB a modifier on how well they can hear you because in real life someone who's 2 feet from you can hear you better than someone who is 30-35 feet away.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

they should make false starts way more common, especially for the cpu, when they're trying to audible. make the play clock mean something. make a quarterback burn a timeout or two in the first quarter, because the crowd is going insane.

also they should make the false starts appear like they do in real life. the ball gets snapped, and the officials blow the play dead before it gets going too far, but they definitely move and stuff. i know that would be difficult to do for the human controlled team (unless they make the snap work like a shotgun snap at a crowded stadium. there's a little bit of time between when you press "x" and the ball is actually snapped), but would be easy for the cpu team, and look damn nice as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »