Home

Anyone still play NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Anyone still play NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Anyone still play NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why do you keep saying that over and over again? Just beacause you say it alot doesn't mean that it's the reason that people don't like the game. It just sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that it's the truth.
The same reason people like you and others keep saying that you don't know how to play the game...er that the game is too tough.....er that you don't enjoy the game because 2004 was easier and more fun..
Old 04-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #34
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The same reason people like you and others keep saying that you don't know how to play the game...er that the game is too tough.....er that you don't enjoy the game because 2004 was easier and more fun..
DO you actually read the reasons that people give for not liking the game? And I don't know where you would see any reasons that I gave for not liking the game since I haven't given any. You really need to actually read what people write instead of making up things.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #35
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No the gameplay for 04 was more solid. for the hundred millioneth time EA wrecked the offenses in 05. They didnt make it harder by making the AI and overall defensive programming gameplay on defense better. They dumbed down the offense - plays missing, drastic composure swings, inability to audible with HFA, mind reading defenders and poor OL logic or beefed up DL logic against the run (i cant seem to figure out which)...

How can you say the days of throwing the lob ball with a scrub QB are over? LMFAO. That is like one of *the* single biggest problems of 05. The deep ball AI logic. Wow. What game are you playing? Its obviously not the same one the rest of us havent had enough practice on to "beat the AI cheat"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2005, 12:49 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySS
I actually hated '05 with a passion when it was released.

Then I decided to pick it up a couple months ago not having anything else to play. After finding Pared's sliders here I have been playing it like crazy. I play a game a night and it has been the game that has taken up the majority of my time for the past couple months with no end in sight. I will probably end up playing it right to the point that '06 is released.

My only major problem with the game is the fact that I can turn the holding slider all the way left and I still get 5-10 holding penalties a game between the 2 teams. That is absolute crap. There are other things I don't like but that's the only one that is close to being a deal breaker.

I don't seem to have the same problems with passing that other people do. I'm in the 3rd year of my dynasty and each QB I've had has had over a 60% completion rate.
Can you post Pared's sliders on here?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've changed a few of them a small bit since I began using them for personal preference, especially the penalty sliders.

I can post what I'm using tonight when I get home.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #38
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2

Please post the sliders you are using! I am interested in anything that may help me. I need to know your special teams and penalty and sub settings too please. thanks.

Oh and yes obviously I still play 05 even though I have big issues with the game design. I am a 40 year old casual gamer and this is my first experience with the NCAA series. And no, I don't intend to sell the game lol. Whether I will try 06 is still up in the air. Unless I see something solid posted about improved gameplay and enhanced coach-mode dynasty stuff I probably won't risk another EA/Tiburon headache.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

IMO, the biggest problem with 05 (the PS2 version) is that it's not playable out of the box. It took me several weeks to come up with sliders that, if not cheesed, work. Even then, I had to spend a lot of time in practice mode. This is a serious problem and will frustrate people who play multiple sports sims during the year. I totally understand people who are frustrated.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #40
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthHusker
IMO, the biggest problem with 05 (the PS2 version) is that it's not playable out of the box. It took me several weeks to come up with sliders that, if not cheesed, work. Even then, I had to spend a lot of time in practice mode. This is a serious problem and will frustrate people who play multiple sports sims during the year. I totally understand people who are frustrated.
yeah the fact the game plays so poorly out of the box is why online play suffers so badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »