Home

NCAA Player Names?

This is a discussion on NCAA Player Names? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Player Names?
1 179 43.66%
2 46 11.22%
3 33 8.05%
4 28 6.83%
5 124 30.24%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2005, 11:50 PM   #9
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Player Names?

As long as its college football.........

I mean dont get me wrong it would be nice, but i would rather have great gameplay and an immersive college game experience.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
EA looses more then 100,000+ copies without it...
Lol. Huh?

Show me your source.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Lol. Huh?

Show me your source.
There is no source, however, they will lose one sale (ME). The people that player with real roster names are still a small community of us hardcore gamers. Many casual gamers have no idea or no interest in actual roster names. This would hurt regarding drafting your college players on to Madden. We are spoiled with the actual player names on NCAA and I just cannot see going back to HB #21 and WR #80
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2005, 07:27 AM   #12
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

5 If ea leaves out the names they can count me out they did with march madness so my thinking is they may do it with ncaa football.MAN EA IS STARTING TO BLOW BIG TYME
Old 04-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksolo1212
There is no source, however, they will lose one sale (ME). The people that player with real roster names are still a small community of us hardcore gamers. Many casual gamers have no idea or no interest in actual roster names. This would hurt regarding drafting your college players on to Madden. We are spoiled with the actual player names on NCAA and I just cannot see going back to HB #21 and WR #80
Though it would hurt the college gameplay experience, it wouldn't be so bad when these players got to the NFL. You could just rename all the players when they got to Madden, so at least you could follow the player's professional career.

I know the vast majority of players on my favorite team and most of the stars on the other teams, and whoever I didn't know, I could just look it up if I really really wanted to know.

From my eyes, though, if you're not able to have the names in, I think that the game itself will have to make itself better in other ways, like gameplay, to compensate. It would be quite unenjoyable to play a flawed (by EA standards, anyway) college football game with no identities.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 04-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

i will cancel my preorder if they take out the name editor in the game. i cannot play it with out the names in the game.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

Must have the names. Not fun without. I want to play with the guys I'm reading about. I want to put in the names of the frosh that my team just recruited to see how they do next year. Speculation - it's very fun.

Who would buy an NBA game without being able to play as Lebron James?

Likewise, what's fun about a rivalry game between QB #5 and QB #14? I want to know that it's Alex Smith or Matt Leinart. Come on. It's not even close.

I also accidentally voted #5 - rash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #16
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I really want names in, but if it can't be in at least put a random name generator in. I would much rather have some name than WR#15. It just looks dumb when WR #7 is playing CB, and his name is WR#7. I would be all for a random name generator even if naming was in anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »