Home

IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

This is a discussion on IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

Bah...I must be getting old, but the dorm room sounds foolish. I like to play with multiple teams in my dynasty. Basically 1 mid to low tier team in each power conference and see how the whole season unfolds.

I don't feel the need to look at some computerized picture of a girlfriend when I got a got a wife screaming at me in real life to look at any time I want. I think that they should have worked on blocking schemes and sim aspects of the game more than the dorm room.....

I am going to pass on this year's NCAA. I was going to anyway because we have a baby coming in August and I haven't even completed my dynasty from last years NCAA.

I hope this game is really good for everyone who looks forward to the series. I have every NCAA dating back to PS1 days and I actually liked last year(PS2), but that stupid create a fan feature was bogus. Hopefully they have taken that garbage out this year.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #18
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I haven't seen the video interview, so forgive me if this question has already been answered. Does anyone know if the traditional dynasty mode (i.e. coach's p.o.v.) will still be available?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles_acc
I think EA Sports needs to do some basic marketing: the person interviewed for the IGN video says the new Be A Legend mode tailors to kids wanting to be a professional athlete. Sorry, but what's the average age of the die hard NCAA gamer?

Like 26.

My dreams of professional sports flamed out years ago. Now I play NCAA to recreate my feelings as a fan in a video game. I want to see Florida State destroy Florida at Doak, instead of seeing them go down in Zook's last game. I want Chris Rix not to suck. What I don't want is this: inserting myself as some hotshot running back or safety.

I'm not buying the game for some "wouldn't it be cool if I..." factor. Anyone else agree?
Yes, completely...with every word you said.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:05 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I haven't seen the video interview, so forgive me if this question has already been answered. Does anyone know if the traditional dynasty mode (i.e. coach's p.o.v.) will still be available?
Yes but its unclear whether you will still be able to watch the heisman ceremony as you can in the other mode.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Yes but its unclear whether you will still be able to watch the heisman ceremony as you can in the other mode.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #22
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I just hope it plays alot better on the xbox this year. last year was pretty bad.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Hmm, not bad for limited info. Hopefully they'll work out a majority of the problems from last year's game, esp the Xbox version.
Hey ehh. Who's your avatar of? It looks like Mount Vernon High School in the background - is that the one in Northern VA? I used to live there and that's where my sister when to high school.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #24
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

This mode is so stupid I thought maybe we would get a AD mode where we could upgrade schools, make money from bowl games, and set academic standards. But no EA spends all year on this crap. I can't believe the stupid cone of vision on madden. If they take out multiplayer dynasties It will put me over the edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »