Home

race for the heisman question

This is a discussion on race for the heisman question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: race for the heisman question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
exactly what i was thinkin
why play race for the heisman wen you have dynasty
Race for the Heisman is not a separate mode from Dynasty, it's a new feature of Dynasty.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Race for the Heisman is not a separate mode from Dynasty, it's a new feature of Dynasty.
by that do you mean, you dont choose to play a dynasty or race for the heisman and they are combined into one mode

if u do im pretty sure u r wrong
Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #19
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It is a seperate mode.
According to Tom Vuong of EA "Race for the Heisman is its own mode (separate from Dynasty) based around the player."
Old 04-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

anyone else got any info about if u control one player or the whole team

im a little confused since gameinformer said u would control just ur player and the ineterview said u wouldnt so if anyone has any info please post
Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #21
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

This mode sounds like it may be fun, especially after 4+ years in dynasty mode when all of the players are generated anyways. I'm definitely open to trying this mode out, since I like to change things up: After several seasons with my favorite team on dynasty mode, I usually pick a new team in a different conference and start up a new dynasty. This way, I'll create my player, go through the spring drills, get offered scholarships, and choose my new team out of those schools that offered me a scholorship. I've read that you could walk on to any school, but I'd prefer to choose from one of the schools that offered me the scholarship to keep things interesting. Although, I wonder how they determine which schools will offer you a scholarship. Hopefully, it will be similar to how we are able to recruit in Dynasty mode. I'd like to see a higher probability of schools in your region recruiting you... unless of course you are nationally recognized as a top-tier prospect. Then you can be targeted by any of the big schools around the country. However, for some reason I have a feeling the schools that offer you scholarships will just be randomly generated too. Anyone else have any feelings, excitement or information about this feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #22
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

I read on a site that madden will let you be just that player or it may have said you have to be just that player for superstar mode.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #23
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerzinc
I read on a site that madden will let you be just that player or it may have said you have to be just that player for superstar mode.
There are definitely still a lot of questions on how the "race for the heisman" mode will be implemented. Although, I doubt we will be forced into having control of just one player on the team. One of the articles (gamespot or ign) said that you can even be the kicker/punter... so does that mean during the rest of the game (playing offense and defense), the only thing you'd be doing is calling plays and letting the CPU run the plays while you watch?!? Don't think that would be any fun at all.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #24
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

We shouldn't be forced but we should definately have the option and I heard you even control the depth chart. That I don't get at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »